z

Young Writers Society

*Does a wild dance*

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:22 pm
Tessitore says...

Blarg! I have finally completed something! Story-wise, that is. Blar, blargity blarg blar!!!!!!!! WOOOOT!!!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

As long as I can remember I have never fully completed a story UNTIL TODAY. It is true, yes, that I finished the on-paper editing last weekend, but just ten minutes ago I made the final changes to my manuscript DARK WINGS. This means that, officially, I HAVE FINISHED A STORY! It's a story that has a series, yes, but I'VE FINISHED IT! BOOYA!

*goes to skip off into the hills*

Now all I need to do is figure out if I actually want to publish it. *grin*

And here's the link to it. It's in the form of a txt document so if you click on it it gets all confused and wobbly and stuff. I recommend just right click and "save as" or something, and make sure you have WORD WRAP activated or it'll be damn confusing.

http://ourworld.cs.com/Tessitore16/darkwings.txt

Much love,

-Tessitore
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:19 pm
hekategirl says...

COOL TESSITORE!!! hopefully i'll finish something to publish.....someday. But i'm going to read your story.

103 Reviews

Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:28 pm
Tessitore says...

Ah, yay, thank you much (but it's a pretty long story/novella, so don't rush)

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:43 pm
hekategirl says...

I see that now, but the title cought my intrest so i'm going to read it.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:00 pm
Firestarter says...

Ooh, well done!

I hope to emulate your success one day with my would-be novel. Congrats!

I might save this and read it so *if* it does ever get published and *if* it does well, I can smirk and claim I read it a long time before. Hehe.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:18 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Wow, good job Tess. I think you're one of the only ones in YWS that has actually completed a story...a full story people, not that short story you did in third grade (aww....). Thats really cool. I'm so going to read it, the beginning really grabbed me and I just want to read it now. And I agree with Fire, if it does get published I can brag that I've already read it and didn't even have to pay for it.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:56 am
Elelel says...

WOW!!! COOL!!! That's so great! I'm going to read it later, I've got a time limit on the internet so things like that are made harder ... but for now, I propose a toast to Tess ... and then a party!!!!

CONFETTI!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:44 am
electricbluemonkey says...

You could print the story, El, that way you don't have to be on the computer to be able to read it, but I think you have to ask Tess first.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

103 Reviews

Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:24 am
Tessitore says...

ElectricBlueMonkey wrote:I'm so going to read it, the beginning really grabbed me and I just want to read it now. And I agree with Fire, if it does get published I can brag that I've already read it and didn't even have to pay for it.

The beginning really grabed you, eh? That's actually my least-favorite part of the entire novella. Well, I'm glad someone likes it. I also re-did the first four paragraphs of the story just this morning, so they're not as polished as the rest of the novella. I'll get to smoothing out the lumps soon. Right now my friends and relatives that are in my critique ring are... critiquing... the story, looking for plot holes (if you find any, please notify me. PLEASE!), and then onto grammar and spelling before the final, final draft is completed, and then I need to work on synopsis and queue letters to send to publishers, and character development pieces if they ask for them. Garg, publishing is hard work. Hard, hard work. *is sad*

ElectricBlueMonkey wrote:You could print the story, El, that way you don't have to be on the computer to be able to read it, but I think you have to ask Tess first.

Or she could just save it to her computer. And no worries about printing out stuff. Just don't say it's yours. Mine! Grr.

Éloeré wrote:but for now, I propose a toast to Tess ... and then a party

Oh, you are my friend, aren't you? *hugs*

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:48 pm
Meshugenah says...

(How did I miss this? lol) YAY TESS! I'll start reading when I have a chance to. Yes, I could claim I read it without reading it, but I would buy the book as well. Now, about that party El suggested...
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:09 pm
bcain says...

Way to go! Yippee! I'm feeling a tad envious- you finished your story!
Congrats, congrats, congrats! :D

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:25 am
Crysi says...

TESSSSSSSSS!!!

Omg.. I read about a fourth of it one night, a fourth of it the next night, then last night I got so into it that I finished it. Didn't even know what time it was. That was some D*MN good writing!! *begs for more* I absolutely LOVED IT!! There was a twist that made me actually stop. That only happens when there's a good twist. YAY!!! Excellent work!! :D:D:D
Love and Light

103 Reviews

Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:07 pm
Tessitore says...

Thank you, thank you very much Crysi. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Super-glad.

I'm going to take the text and put it somewhere in the fiction section for more easy access. Look for it under "OTHER" and "Dark Wings". It should be easier to read that way...
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

The first thing I do when I have a good quote is always to put a goat in it. uwu
— Liminality