z

Young Writers Society

VARY IMPORTANT FOR NEW USERS TO READ

253 Reviews

Reviews: 253
Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:07 pm
CK Lynn says...

Here is some advice. PLEASE READ IT.

1) Never "PM" somebody who you think is interesting. They'll think you're weird or something. Leave a message in their guestbook.

2) NEVER go into a chat room with an ancronym in the name unless you ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVLY, REALLY, TOTALLY know what the ancronym stands for. Trust me. I know. I went into one, and started talking, and the someone said, "Uh.. do you know what we're talking about?" It's humiliating. :oops:

3) Don't say personal stuff, you don't know who your talking to.

4) Look at peoples stuff and write honest reveiws. As long as you're not nasty, they won't be offended.

5) Write your own stuff! Don't be afraid if someone doesn't like it! If they give advice, they're trying to help!

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:10 pm
misspriss says...

Awww...was that JIN Discussion? It's okay, it happens to everyone...*pats CK Lynn on the back*

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:12 pm
Emerson says...

This is helpful, but are you sure it goes here? I'm not ever sure where it would go, since its kind of random/kind of meant to go here....either way, it'll be helpful to the new ones!

Also, another note for new folks, don't post threads with the subject titles in all caps
(aka: CAPS MEANS CAPITAL LETTERS, LIKE THIS!) :-D

And 'vary' is spelled 'very', in this instance (Vary means to change).
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:40 pm
Crysi says...

Another tip - there's a button you can press to check your spelling. Use it. ;) And I disagree - I love when random people PM me! Well... unless they're completely random. But I try to be nice either way. ;)

Moved to Randomness - while there are some good points here, the rest really isn't that important.
Love and Light

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:52 pm
Jennafina says...

I'm with Crysi. I love getting private messages. It's always fun to meet new people.

About the chatroom thing, I don't know. It's a good way to find out what the acronym stands for, anyway.

I kind of missed saying this the day you joined, but welcome to YWS! Glad you're sticking around.

PM me if you need anything, or if you just feel like chatting. :D
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:09 pm
sabradan says...

The point about the PM thing isn't necessarily true. But everything else can be.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:29 pm
Snoink says...

Hahaha... I give random PMs all the time. Most of the users freak out when they see me talking to them. XD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:24 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I sign random guestbooks, usually if I like the signatures or avatars xD
and I LOVE getting messages or finding a new signature in my guestbook. :)
ohmeohmy

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:34 am
ZZAP says...

my rocks hurt.

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
— Samuel Butler