z

Young Writers Society

Guilty Pleasure

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:48 pm
Misty says...

It's not like I know any of you, and my friends will NEVER find this, so we might as well put our stuff on here...i.e.

My Odd Obsessions

#1. Watching Little House on the Prairie for hours and hours on end. (I.E. the Albert Episodes)
#2. Daydreaming about marrying movie stars (Whichever one was in the movie I just watched
#3. Creating an alternate reality in which I and my make-believe counterparts live. A lot more exciting than here
#4. Reading other peoples poems and imagining that I wrote them. (no, I never claim them as mine, but I do pretend to myself.)

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:53 pm
Emma says...

Wow,

And why are you afraid to tell your friends? Ok so they might laugh, but then again so might the people on here....

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:56 pm
Firestarter says...

#1. Playing with my Imperial Guard Soldiers in Mock Battles. Haha I never really got over those little green Army Soldiers. Mock Battles are great.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:11 am
niteowl says...

1. Cool specials on National Geographic and History Channel. I will tune out all else for those if possible. Nothing recent. Mainly ancient civilizatuions and biblical stuff (whether you give a crap about the Bible or not the religious artifacts ones are the coolest)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:31 am
Incandescence says...

1. staplers
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:34 am
Misty says...

you are very sarcastic. :roll: funny, though.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:15 pm
Firestarter says...

Oh Brad, you and your staplers :lol:
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:51 pm
Tessitore says...

1. Getting Married. I'm a big advocate for the "lust" thing, so when I hunker down and really think about getting married, I don't tell anyone.

2. Dating a rock star/movie star and becoming an actress or band member through them.

3. Sitting in my truck with packed bags and a few hundred in cash, wondering what the hell I'm doing and wishing to have the guts to leave.

That's about all that I can think of...

915 Reviews

Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:08 pm
Incandescence says...

heehee.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:41 am
Meshugenah says...

Brad! *groans* not the stapler

National Gergraphic sould be a blocked channel on my tv, as should the history channel. I watch them far more then I should. :D

I shouldn't be allowed to argue with my englsh teacher as much as i do over grammer and literature and such... :whistle:

Reading the same books over and over when avoiding reading books for english ('cuase they have "meat" to them, and apparently i can't handle that :roll: such lovely and badly written books we read, too.. hum)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

915 Reviews

Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:43 am
Incandescence says...

Oh? Like Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" or the sad, even tragic "Light in the Forest"?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:50 am
Sam says...

*gag* anyone being forced to read 'Between the Dragon and the Eagle' for english? I woulnd't be suprised if you've never heard of it
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:51 am
Meshugenah says...

No, vever heard of it, but I was forced to read Jane Eyre, and then got stuck with it for a finals project.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

915 Reviews

Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:33 am
Incandescence says...

Well, in the event your professor does assign you anything by Conrad, I strongly suggest you find an axe or a heavy dose of Provigil to make it through the course.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:36 am
Sam says...

sounds fun
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

mashed potatoes are v a l i d
— Liminality