It won't let me play any of my songs!!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:05 am
Snoink says...

Did you pay the monthly fee necessary?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:11 am
Nate says...

Snoink wrote:Did you pay the monthly fee necessary?

of cors knot!!! y wld i dew dat? ;)

I think it's a problem with digital rights management. A lot of other napster users are apparently having the same issue. This isn't the first time for me though; half the time in the past month I haven't been able to download songs. I might just switch back to using iTunes or Walmart's music store and pay $1 every track again...

Or just go back to Kazaa or eDonkey...

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:19 am
View Likes
Incandescence says...

I use(d) Limewire, because Kazaa was pitiful. Just my general thought on that, anyway.

Napster doesn't ever work right, I agree. When I regretfully wasted my money on it, the program ended up gobbling all the songs I paid for and left me with nothing. Of course, I got them back after calling a sales rep, but, meh, it isn't worth all that!
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:40 am
Sponson Light says...

Limewire ftw.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:59 am
Chandni says...

that sucks nate :( I use Multiply, gets me most of my music, its free and soo 100% virus free everyone should try it ;) it's not a program it's like myspace where you can upload music and download other's just by clicking the "save target as" button easy ! http://www.multiply.com
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:45 am
Nate says...

Got it fixed last night. No idea what happened, but I updated to windows media player 10, and that seemed to fix the problem.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:40 am
deleted6 says...

Just to warn new upgrade of media player bad it makes all the stuff you rip off cd's has to get licences. I stick with my old one better than nothing.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:11 am
Vampirewolf3 says...

i just search the web for music, and most sites have some songs that you can download for free

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:27 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

:O Nateness, you currrrsed o.O
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:51 am
Bobo says...

Ares is better than Kazaa or limewire. can't remember or be bothered to explain why.

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights