Young Writers Society

Watch out for the Goose/Don't move onto Bubbly River

178 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 178
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:50 pm
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

This is a game I saw on the internet a while back, I can't find where I originally saw it, but I thought I might try to play it here.
The purpose of the game is to convince someone not to move onto Bubbly River by sharing stories of a terrible goose that does the strange or horrifying things in the area.
Only two simple rules and they are as follows:
1. The Goose is not supernatural. It does strange things, things a normal goose would never attempt to do, but it never breaks the basic laws of science. If you have seen the Goose do something physically impossible, then you have imagined it, and please don't share those conspiracy theories here.
2. There must be a way you know your story, it happened to you, or you saw it take place, or someone else told it to you. You are sharing your experiences with this Goose.
Last edited by MaybeAndrew on Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previously Andrewknorpp, now less sure.

178 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:09 pm
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

I'll start with one of my stories. I don't want to terrify this newcomer, so I'll begin with something not quite as horrifying as I have seen from this goose.
A couple of weeks back I decided to read a book on the beach of Bubbly River. It was a nice day and I hadn't seen the ducks for some time. I read for a bit but the warm sunlight and peaceful sound of the river put me right to sleep. I slept for a short time but was awakened by the infamous honk. When I shot up, my body filled with adrenalin for fear of that sound. I saw driftwood had been placed around me. Like I was a witch in need of burning. My book and been pulled off my chest and placed under what seemed to be kindling. The Goose held a match in its beak and it was slowly moving towards the book. It seemed to have honked at a duck who had come to see what was going on.
I kicked the goose away, grabbed my book, thanked the duck for saving me from being burned alive, and got out of there quick.
Another time, the Goose followed me home, broke into my house, and then pooped on all my white shirts.
The creature is a menace. I know you all have experienced like me, share your stories, big or small.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:25 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Oh, yes, I've had lots of experience with that horrid goose and its poop... every day. Let's just say that I take about ten showers a day...
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

178 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:04 am
MaybeAndrew says...

I really don't understand how it finds so much time in the day to do it all.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:39 pm
Necromancer14 says...

It probably has accomplices.
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun May 01, 2022 3:26 pm
NewHope says...

The Goose is so annoying…
Swan Queen's little sister in-law/caretaker since 2022

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:26 am
Phillauthet says...

Oh, we all fear the Goose! There's a legend around these parts that the goose hires assassin birds to do its dirty work for it and escapes the blame by assuming its fluffy adorable goose form. :/
bleh?

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
— Albus Dumbledore