z

Young Writers Society

Don't You Love It When...

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:56 am
Nate says...

You fall asleep far earlier than intended and get so much more sleep?

Discuss

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:59 am
Snoink says...

I think that this topic should be put into the Debate and Serious Discussion forum because it is Obvious Serious, but I will trust your judgement on this one, not because I trust you, but because that chimp looks so thoughtful that my mind is swayed.

I believe that we should sleep in every day. It's just cool like that. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:38 am
LamaLama says...

Weird psudo problem:
No matter how late I am up, or kept awake by various variables- I will wake up no latter than 9:30. Usually 8, but as early as 6:30.

Last night, tossing till four, not getting to sleep until probably 4:45, awake at 8:10. I managed to get another hour+ of sleep, and woke up again at 9:30.

So, in relation to what you said, Nate. YES, that would be FANTASTIC, to fall asleep so soon, and get so much more sleep. But SOME of us have random bouts of unexplainable insomnia, usually lasting 3-6 nights, to deal with. And SOME of us may be tired of dealing with the headaches, drowsiness, and turbo-slim-o-nator infomercials. I KNOW it has an ab-defining spring wheel, I KNOW about your nutritional suppliment, and I KNOW about its patent pending supra'glide thin-o-matic-maker. and YES, I know that if I call NOW I get two for the price of one! ONLY 10 MINUTES LEFT NATE! OPPERATORS ARE STANDING BY NATE!! THIS OFFER ONLY LASTS WHILE SUPPLIES DO! NOT FOUND IN STORES NATE!! !

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :shock:
*death*
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:24 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I didn't read all of your post, dear Lama, as I feared my head might explode.

However.
Clocks went back, so...yay, more sleepies last night for me!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:26 pm
Meshugenah says...

YES! But I still woke up by 7:30 today, even though it was like 8:30, and it made my head hurt.

But today is my favorite day of the year ;)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:34 pm
Firestarter says...

Well, I slept more than usual last night because of the clocks going back! Woo! Extra hour of sleep!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:11 am
Myth says...

I thought the clocks went forward. I didn't really get much time to sleep, too busy writing a few things down.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:55 am
Skye says...

Two words: Jet. Lag. X_X
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:15 am
gyrfalcon says...

I like the feeling of falling asleep early and so catching up on more sleep. But I'm not too fond of sleeping in past what I meant to, even if I'm not late for anything or don't have much to do that day. I just feel like I've wasted time. But yes, getting more than 5-7 hours a night is veerrrrrryyyyyyy nice. 8)
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:41 pm
tinny says...

I hate falling asleep early. There's nothing worse that waking up and finding you've wasted all the valuble time that could have been used doing something productive, like typing up the endless thing I've written that need typing. Or learning German vocab, both are important. I hate sleep. I'd love it if I didn't have to sleep at all. Ever.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:46 pm
LamaLama says...

I definately sleep is the one time you're supposed to not have to worry about those things.

You should seriously consider sleeping more, lest you end up like my mother- miserable and spending 15 hours a day working.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:21 pm
Tassen Spellbinder says...

(Arizona doesn't have daylight savings time, so I dont change my clocks...) Sleep is good, and I do agree with Nate.
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. - George Orwell, 1984

Where in the world is Enoch Root?

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:40 pm
The Jesseble says...

I love it when you wake up thinking it's time to go to work/school only then you realise its saturday!!

The best feeling in the world!!
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:41 pm
Galatea says...

Lama, your first post is terrifying. But well written. You really ought to write more, you know.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

Adventure is worthwhile.
— Aesop