291 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 291
Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:04 pm
View Likes
Liberty says...

Stories stories stories!
Aren't they just wonderful?
Full of exciting adventures, mysterious people, etc.!
Here, in this thread, that's what I'll be doing.
Posting short stories that are going to be just for the fun of it!
Stories my parents have told me.
Stories I've heard from school.
And stuff like that! I'm accepting any comments.
But...
No reviews.
It's just going to be...?
FOR THE FUN OF IT!

PS: I'll be making up names for everyone for safety reasons.
A rose has thorns but many times we only mention the thorns and we do not mention the rose. And with these thorns we are also pricking others, we are hurting them.

291 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:31 pm
View Likes
Liberty says...

Lovely Daddy

From Libby's Mum

"Mama, tell me a story of when you were young." I said, flopping onto the bed where my mom was texting her friend. "Please?" That made her look up. She smiled and nodded, sitting up straight.

"Let me think." she whispered, holding her chin in her right hand, her knee supporting her elbow.

A minute passed.

Three minutes.

Ten minutes.

I squirmed. "Mama?"

She snapped out of her thoughts. "I got it! I'll tell you about that time when I was in university." she grinned. I giggled and leaned forward, ready for her story.

"I was in university and we owned a farm, alright? And I lived with my parents the entire time! I had my own dorm room in a hostel, but I was over at my parent's place with my siblings for the weekend." she started.

I nodded eagerly.

"Then, Monday morning, I was looking for Father to get in the car with me so he could drop me off. And so, I asked Mum where he could be and she said he was in the field! I couldn't go that far so -- like the stubborn young woman I was -- I stomped away. I got into a bus, then a taxi, then another cab. It was a two hour journey."

I laughed.

Mama continued. "Then, when I reached my hostel and when I had settled in my room properly, and when I had unpacked and when I was ready to go for classes, the guard told me someone wanted to talk to me."

I tilted my head. "Who?"

"Father did! He had grabbed a taxi, a bus, then a taxi again to follow me all the way to my room!" she said, sticking out her tongue, in a funny way. I chuckled.

"You know why he was doing it?" she asked. I shrugged in reply.

"He wanted to show me that he cared where I went and that he wanted me to stay safe, so he came to a completely different city to see if I was okay." she smiled, looking at the wall behind me, in her own world of thoughts.

I smiled. "That's cute." I said softly.
A rose has thorns but many times we only mention the thorns and we do not mention the rose. And with these thorns we are also pricking others, we are hurting them.

291 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:24 am
Liberty says...

Get Out! It's A Flood!

From Libby's Dad

I looked at Dad and he nodded.

He sent it!

I ran to my desk and turned on my computer. I checked my email and -- BAM! -- new notification. Sweet. I clicked on it and started reading the weekly story that my Dad sends every week. It's from when he was young. In his childhood, teenhood, collegehood (if that's even a word), etc.

I started reading.

"This is so good!" Richard moaned, sipping more of the mango milkshake. I rolled my eyes and smiled slightly. We were in the restaurant a little ways away from our hostel, stuffing our stomachs.

I got up, "We should go now." I collected my things and dragged Richie out of the restaurant. I opened the door and gasped.

Water. Water water water. It was everywhere.

"What's it now, Arson? Want some milkshake? Changed your mind?" Richie turned around and shoved me from the back, making me stumble. Into the water. It had come into the restaurant to -- a little. It was about ankle deep.

My documents. My passport. My books!

"Richie, there's a flood! We have to get to the dorms and get my stuff!" I yelled over the sloshing of the dirty water.

"Uhh… I think it'd be best if we just went over to my aunt's house. She lives a little ways north and up a hill. We should be safe there." he explained quickly. He grabbed me by the collar and pulled me closer.

"No! My docs and passport! We have to get it back!" I yelled at him. I ran through the water and across the street. "Wait! I'll be back!"

The drops of rain were stinging as they crashed against my skin. Rain. Water. Flood. Documents. Passport.

I'm sure I'll live, but my things!

I could hear Richie running behind me. "Stop it! You'll drown and die! What about your doctor dream?"

Nothing made me stop. I have. To get. My stuff.

I ran into the towering building and was stopped by Richie grabbing me by my hand and him turning to face me. "Bro, listen. It's a stupid flood. You have to live. Go up there means die. Come with me means live and become a doctor."

I stared at him and glanced back down at the water. It was knee deep already. I looked up at the stairs. I could get it quickly. I mean, I'm pretty fast at doing things unlike Richie here.

Richie didn't seem like he was eager for waiting for an answer. He started running and I was at his heels, sprinting with him. The water slowed us down, but we were keeping a pretty good pace. I ran and ran. I tried to be as high as possible.

Race against Wind.

I smiled to myself.

Soon, before I had realized, we had reached Richie's aunt's house. It was -- like my bud said -- high on a hill, and safe from the flood. I eagerly stepped inside, soaked to the bone. I sighed.

I'm safe.

I giggled when I finished reading the email. I peeked into my Dad's room where he was working on his computer.

Alive and a doctor.

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables