z

Young Writers Society

Save the world....Today!!!

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:38 pm
valeriejcz says...

For generations people have eaten meat. At first it was mostly hunting, which let the animals lead happy lives in the forests. Then it moved on to farming, so the cows and pigs could enjoy themselves in green fields, and were also well protected. Now we've moved on to huge factories, where cows, pigs and chickens are butchered by the thousands. These animals are forced into tiny spaces and never see day light.
They can legally go for 48 hours without being fed, and their lives are then sold for a couple of dollars.
Big chain restraints, mostly fast-food, support this cruelty by buying meat from huge factories instead of from smaller, humaner farms. Places like McDonald's could change this...They have the power.
Please sign this petition and send it to all of your friends, as well as your first and last name to byebyebigmac@yahoo.com to stop cruelty and ask McDonald's to start to serve only free range meat
I'm a vegatarian...I eat Chocolate!!!

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:00 pm
Muse says...

Woooo, i'm a veggie too. Have been my whole life. Power to the veggies!
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:43 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

I could never give up meat, but I also hate the way fast-food chains handle the meat-processing stuff.

Poor cows n' chickens n' pigs. :(

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:10 am
LamaLama says...

Never been to a farm, eh?

A couple of dollars? No, wrong. Couple of hundred dollars. Some steer sell for as much as 30,000. Thats one head of cattle.

Not only will I continue to eat meat, I'm going to give each burger a name, and assure myself that maybe that cow could have smiled at me.

Cows option to eat their own excriment, not out of lack of other food either.

Chickens can live without heads, the only their head is doing is giving them a way to get food in them. Any time you see a chicken walking around, its looking for food. If you feed a chicken, and constantly put that food directly in front of the chicken, it will stop moving, and sit.

Pigs are filthy even on their own. The biggest industry in pig raising is keeping them clean.

I have a rule of only defining something as cruelty when I can see that the creature being treated can show me that it is suffering. Cows and chickens aren't nearly as smart as people give them credit for. They aren't people.

You can legally go for 48 hours without feeding a cow because they can go for weeks without eating, and be all the better for it. Its why they have four stomachs.

Yes, corporations buy from meat factories, there's no other way to buy meat unless you buy from a local butcher, and you can't order 80,000 pounds of hamburger from a local butcher. If you could, he'd call up the processing plant and sell the same stuff.

Now, I'm going to tell you something that may come as a shock to you. Its the militant anti-meat people that are contributing to the corporate success in food. Every action taking inflicts the worst damage on the small, local farmer, who can't afford to absorb the new cost thrust upon him. Therefore, he sells out to a corporation, who in turn brings in their own, cheaper, mass production methods. Which is exactly what the corporate guy's want. So, please, sign this petition, do them the favor. Because its exactly what the corporate boys want.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

21 Reviews

Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:48 am
valeriejcz says...

You know what would be great? If the world could just flippin' quit eating meat.....

I can dream.....

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:21 am
Snoink says...

I read flippin' and I though the next word would be burgers...

*is hungry*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:41 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

I like meat. I will continue to eat meat. The only thing that bugs me is how awful the conditions are. But when I'm craving some ribs, I'm going to eat them regardless.

Because I'm a heartless carnivore.

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:55 am
Griffinkeeper says...

valeriejcz wrote:You know what would be great? If the world could just flippin' quit eating meat.....

I can dream.....

You know what would be great? If world could just flippin' quit eating humans.

I can dream.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:05 am
Snoink says...

Griffinkeeper wrote:
valeriejcz wrote:You know what would be great? If the world could just flippin' quit eating meat.....

I can dream.....

You know what would be great? If world could just flippin' quit eating humans.

I can dream.

But... cannibalism is so awesome! *flails*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:47 am
Elelel says...

Stop eating meat? But that would just encourage the creul fruit and vegie producers to spray their innocent plants with chemicals and keep them frozen for years before putting them on the market!!!

Eat a cow, save a carrot.

Ok, without kidding around.

Not all farms have bad conditions. Not every chop on your table was mistreated. Every time some place is discovered to treat animals appaullingly, it gets plastered all over the news and shut down pretty quick. So it's not all bad.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:42 pm
The Jesseble says...

Ah...i feel sorry for all those innocent vegetables undergoing genetic modification. What if they like the way they are?

Being serious now :P

I'm not a veggie but that doesn't mean that i like eating something which was most likely mistreated.
But then, pigs, cows, sheep etc aren't precisely endangered are they. At least the world are maintaining the population, not killing them all.

Meh...such a tricky arguement
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

52 Reviews

Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:38 pm
LamaLama says...

Meat meat meat meat. I love meat. Yummm. I think I'll have ribs for dinner.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

236 Reviews

Reviews: 236
Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:01 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

I have spent a lot of time of farms, and I'm sure a lot of people reading this have, too, but the stuff you see there is totally different from what is actually going on in the major food chains. Farms that let people visit are the decent kinds, with caring farmers and pesticide-free gardening. But the kind of meat that you eat when you go to MacDonalds it from farms like the farms valeriejcz was talking about, where the animals are kept in tiny pens and never see the light of day. They sit in their own manure a lot of the time because nobody ever cleans it.

It has been calculated that the amount of money spent on these cows could be used to feed, clothe and house the world's entire population for one year. Imagine what we could do if McDonalds stopped killing cows.

Power to the vegetarians!

Random facts: Proven facts show that a McDonalds' quarter-=pounder is 48% water. 450 million animals are killed for meat in Brittain alone. McDonalds' fries are pre-cooked in beef fat. There are 310 grams of fat in McDonalds' fruit and walnut salad. There are 610 calories in their kid's meal McNuggets and small fries.

Thanks valeriejcz
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

52 Reviews

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:16 am
LamaLama says...

I highly doubt the validity of that statistic, first off.

And attacking Mcdonalds is nothing new, and no one cares if you do it. But removing meat from the diet putts millions of people out of work, out of home, and out of food.

Not only that, but wheres all that food going to come from that will supposedly feed the world, if there's no meat? Salad foods are seasonal.

By not going to mcdonalds, you're really not taking money from anyone, they're a multi-billion dollar, international corporation. But by taking meat away all together, you are essencially sacrificing what little we have left of the privately owned farms, for the sake of a few cows, who by the way, are barely cogniscant enough to realize what they're standing in is manure, and that it smells.

21 Reviews

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:44 pm
valeriejcz says...

hey LamaLama
Emperor of the Almost Infinite Empire- Formerly Qi or whatever your name is, you as a person really need to stop only thinking of people. the cows and chickens and stuff don't deserve to be killed. People don't deserve to lose jobs either, but at least their not being mass-murdered.

Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?
— Obi-Wan Kenobi