z

Young Writers Society

Save the world....Today!!!

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:54 am
LamaLama says...

I do think of animals- as food. You need to stop thinking only of animals, and take concern for the fact that ending meat puts millions of people out of work, destroys an entire industry, and will send the United States into a depression which will destroy the country. 1929 was nothing compared to the poverty and famine that will happen when meat is taken off the market. You've got entire generations, whole families that depend on meat. They can't just go out and do something else. This is skilled labor, highly specialized work. You can't just take someone who's been cutting meat for 30 years and tell him to spin hemp. It doesn't work that way.

And its not just meat that you'd be hurting. Human beings only consume about 10 percent of the crop grown. The other 90 percent goes to feed livestock. Human beings only have the capacity to consume another 10 to 20 percent. Prey tell, what do the other 70 percent of agricultural farmers do now? Hmm? No experience doing anything but farming, no skills in an urban workforce, most with nothing more than a high school degree and a football trophy.

And what will you do with the restaurant industry? Time was that those in need of work would resort to flipping burgers, but thanks to your little scheme, they can't even do that now. Overnight, you've bankrupted millions of restaurants. Not the huge, multi-billion dollar international cr*p-shacks, but the little privately and employee owned places like Stellas and The Hamburger King. What do you get at both of these places? You get to wait in line for 15 minutes to place an order with a wait person who doesn't have time for you BS. Any more than "single" "double" or "two with cheese" is waisting her time. Then you get to wait another 10 minutes for your burger to be done. And it was worth the almost half hour wait for a burger, or else none of these people who flow into the restaurant well beyond its max occupancy and stand in the isles to eat. All of them, gone.

And what about the desert people? Its hard to make a stiff jello without gluten. Where does gluten come from? Its that stuff you scrape off the top of chicken noodle soup when you put it in the fridge. It comes from animal bones. There's gluten in a lot of things, which you cannot get from anywhere else then boiling it out of what was once a living tissue.

Maybe they don't deserve it, but you nor anyone else is certainly no authority on who does and does not deserve what. I'll continue to think of people because, as a person, my primary concern is MY own livelihood, not some animal. If that animal isn't the food on my plate, then it better d*mn well find some other way of getting food on it.

Until you find a way of stabilizing the economy, finding millions upon millions of jobs for out of work farmers, restaurant owners, butchers, ranchers, and burger flippers alike. As much as you hate it, the world depends on meat. Living in the Midwest, the chances of you knowing at least one person who's livelihood depends on meat are almost 100%. I can think of three off the top of my head. One of whom lives across the street from me. I've never met a man who cut a better steak than him.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:40 pm
drunky_punky says...

yay good idea hope it works!
the emo emu says: if i had arms i'd cut myself..... but as it stands i'll just gnaw off my leg!

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:41 pm
Via says...

Maybe this should be moved to a debate forum?

Wow. You guys are killing me haha. Obviously, you aren't going to agree...what's the point in arguing?
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:20 pm
lexy says...

isn't red meat a good source of iron. people that are anaemic slightly and hate broccoli prefer to have meat.
I don't wanna fuel this convo, but I spose the way animals are slaughtered isn't very nice.
gordan ramsey saw his own pets cows being slaughtered and even he said it was grotesque, ramsey has feelings???
f***ing hell!!!!!!!!!!!!
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. - Peter O'Toole

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:38 am
Mr. Everyone says...

I don't think the problem lies on our meat persay, but the way all of our food is handled, mcdonalds will never have to change anything because its backed by the fda, the fda is evil and controls everything in the united states. more so than you could possibly imagine. in fact the only possible cure for cancer was banned by the fda in the U.S.

What they say is, "there is no known cure for aids in the U.S.,"...

Maybe the fda should be on question, but even if you tried it is part of the gov't, and nobody can change the gov't unless there's a revolution at bay.

keep writing guys, and =) happy reading (=
~Everyone~

=) *wave*

Memories, left untranslated, can be disowned; memories untranslatable can become someone else’s story.
— YiYun Li