z

Young Writers Society

dumb ways to die

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:33 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Pick one or many of your favourite characters, and figure out a death for them, based on these two pointers-

-how dumb is it

-how embarrassingly possible is it

I'll start!

Siren would, after a day of fighting pirates with her bare hands, trip down some stairs, while choking on pirate meat, then fall off a cliff and slam into water, and then recover, and then die a few days later because the pirate meat was bad.
(This hypothetical is really specific because it actually happened.)

Boris, based on his time period and lifestyle, would die of, besides substance abuse, every STD you can die from, all at once. This would probably be happening right now if I wasn't abusing my authorial powers in this respect.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:39 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Aegeas - When you carry oversized swords and have a general disregard for safety, you're probably going to go out like one of the Greek heroes.

Taber - Reasonably good odds of dying because someone told him to kindly jump off a cliff (ironically, this is how Theseus's father, Aegeus, died).
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:39 am
View Likes
ThePenultimateGinger says...

Milan Moore would definitely get into a major car accident and come out unscathed, get a dui, and end up drowning the next day while trying to drink as much water as physically possible in order to both win a bet and cure his hangover.
Vincent Wilson would literally die of a combination of stress and playing The Red Hot Chili Peppers at a volume unsafe for human beings.
“I really think that everyone should have watercolors, magnetic poetry, and a harmonica.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson