z

Young Writers Society

Continue that story....

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:38 pm
AmyMedek says...

Basically keep the story going by posting what you want in the story to happen. In other words, you continue the story...
I'll start.

Alice gasped for breath, running for her life. Afraid to look back, knowing they were coming closer. At times like this, she really wished she had a weapon or even something to distract the incoming menace chasing her down. It was gaining on her, and Alice knew she had to act quickly before they caught up.
The sound of barking grew ever louder. Those blasted dogs were chasing her down.
Love.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:36 pm
Featherstone says...

Alice gasped for breath, running for her life. Afraid to look back, knowing they were coming closer. At times like this, she really wished she had a weapon or even something to distract the incoming menace chasing her down. It was gaining on her, and Alice knew she had to act quickly before they caught up.
The sound of barking grew ever louder. Those blasted dogs were chasing her down.

Well, that was one thing she could call them. Hellhounds was the technical term. Fell beasts crawling from the abyssal pits of who knows where, here to chase her down and end the chase. Permanently.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:24 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

The sound of barking grew ever louder. Those blasted dogs were chasing her down. Well, that was one thing she could call them. Hellhounds was the technical term. Fell beasts crawling from the abyssal pits of who knows where, here to chase her down and end the chase. Permanently.

See, the problem was that Alice was more of a cat person. She was convinced that all great wars and the world's most prominent conflicts could be traced back to that one issue: cat people versus dog people. Hitler was a dog person, Stalin was a cat person, and Alice had it on good authority that the Cuban Missile Crisis was really about cats-or-dogs—not missiles. These particular hounds of hell were chasing her down simply because she'd rescued William—the slim calico currently nestled in her arms—from their clutches the week prior. You can imagine her surprise when she found out that William not only could talk, but was a wanted feline with a bounty on his head.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:14 am
PrincessInk says...

Alice picked up speed as she scrambled up a slope. The dogs by now were so close she could smell their breath, and that spooked her even further. She rushed as fast as she could, but her thighs were starting to burn and she knew she was slowing down. William craned his neck over her forearm. "Alice," he hissed, "we must hurry."

Note: I didn't post the previous parts of the story because I didn't want my post to be too long. Please let me know if that is OK.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:44 pm
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
The sound of barking grew ever louder. Those blasted dogs were chasing her down. Well, that was one thing she could call them. Hellhounds was the technical term. Fell beasts crawling from the abyssal pits of who knows where, here to chase her down and end the chase. Permanently.

See, the problem was that Alice was more of a cat person. She was convinced that all great wars and the world's most prominent conflicts could be traced back to that one issue: cat people versus dog people. Hitler was a dog person, Stalin was a cat person, and Alice had it on good authority that the Cuban Missile Crisis was really about cats-or-dogs—not missiles. These particular hounds of hell were chasing her down simply because she'd rescued William—the slim calico currently nestled in her arms—from their clutches the week prior. You can imagine her surprise when she found out that William not only could talk, but was a wanted feline with a bounty on his head.

Alice picked up speed as she scrambled up a slope. The dogs by now were so close she could smell their breath, and that spooked her even further. She rushed as fast as she could, but her thighs were starting to burn and she knew she was slowing down. William craned his neck over her forearm.

"Alice," he hissed, "we must hurry."

"Yes, I know!" She snaps back. Did he think she wanted to get eaten by hellhounds?

She reached the top of the slope. She needed to find a place to hide- she couldn't outrun the dogs.

"Up there," Frank, the cat, mewed, pointing to a nearby cave up another hill.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:59 am
erilea says...

"What? Are you crazy? I legit failed P.E. class. You expect me to climb a fricking hill like that? That's more like a mountain!"

William and Frank both turned to look at her. "You can stay here and be eaten alive if you wish..." Frank hissed.

"...but I'd advise you to do the opposite," William finished. Alice suppressed a shiver and put on a burst of speed, trying not to look behind her. The hounds' red eyes were enough to paralyze a thirteen-year-old girl, and she didn't want to stick around to test that out.
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

Only the suppressed word is dangerous.
— Ludwig Borne