z

Young Writers Society

RezTech Adventure

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:34 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

>shyly ask for a drink, because you're thirsty.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:59 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

> ask the spider lady for her name

> be interrupted by a sudden cacophony coming from the waiting room
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:00 am
View Likes
haredrier says...

>go into the waiting room

>flirt with the first alien I see
Death isn't cruel- merely terribly, terribly good at his job.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:49 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Because of college I am going to be a bit late and won't be able to draw anything until 6pm my time. So until then, enjoy the only picture I got before I had to go. Consider it a teaser.

Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:30 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Too much math from college, can't think of any interesting aliens at the moment, instead of a new page of choices, please give me suggestions for aliens in the waiting room. I need at least 3 good ones. If the idea is good enough it shall become a consistent character.

Spoiler! :
Participation awareness ping @AnnGrace @godlypopo @haredrier @AllisontheWriter @lostthought @Wolfical @TheSilverFox

18 Reviews

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:42 am
View Likes
haredrier says...

One that looks like a mass of eyeballs with a few tendrils here and there for movement/ holding things. However, it's nearsighted and stays in a giant glass bubble to correct its eyesight. Despite the unblinking stares, it's quite polite.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:31 pm
View Likes
godlypopo says...

A pink monster with purple spikes but harsh red eyes that look like snake pupils. The lashes should be jagged and their hands stumped and the body fluffy. Give them an upbeat personality as well!
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

110 Reviews

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:30 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

p4

>Wait with the spider lady (monsters are scary)

"I-I would rather stay with you, miss, if that's okay," you say, climbing onto the desk so that you can better see what the spider lady is doing.

"Oh, I don't mind at all, primitive, but I prefer that you don't climb on the desk like your ancestors- other RezTech clients are waiting." she says.

"Others?" you mutter. Of course there would be others, this whole room was full of those pods.

"Hi, Shary." You hear what you think is a wing flapping behind you. "Sorry for butting in, cute little fluff ball, but I want to get down as soon as I can."

>Ask the spider lady for her name

"You were only down there for three hours. What happened?" the spider lady named Shary asks.

"Oh, I got to try this amazing thing called pizza! While I was at it, I heard there was this massive tower of pizza in a place called Italy, so I offed myself to get back up here," the feminine sounding, feathered figure behind you explains. She 'offed' herself? What?

"You know the RezTech pods are not a teleportation service. If you want to visit this tower of pizza that you heard of, you need to go there yourself." Shary says.

"Oh please, just drop me off there just this one time?"

"No," Shary says, glancing over at you. "Primitive, why don't you go to the waiting room? I am a bit busy at the moment."

>Go into the waiting room

You hop off the desk, realizing it might actually be better if you go into the waiting room, if only for the fact that you don't want to wait around for more surprise aliens. A waiting room, at least, would leave everything out in the open. Then again, you will have fewer places to hide.

You walk down the hall of pods to the waiting room, which is on the other side of the room. After a few seconds of preparing yourself, you pull open the door to see a wide, open window.

A wide, open window...with an amazing view.

"This is a waiting room?!" you shout to yourself.

>One that looks like a mass of eyeballs with a few tendrils here and there for movement/ holding things. However, it's nearsighted and stays in a giant glass bubble to correct its eyesight. Despite the unblinking stares, it's quite polite.

"Oh, yes, one of the smaller ones on the ship, actually." You turn around and see an alien standing by a row of buttons. It takes you few seconds before you realize you're in an elevator. 'Well, maybe it's one of the bigger ones. Poor eyesight, you see."

You turn to face him, the mass of eyeballs on a stick. A stick in a well-made suit. A stick with tentacles attached. You can't help but wonder if you're in some sort of Japanese anime for a second.

>flirt with the first alien I see

"So, fuzzy-headed creature, do you wish to go down or up?" the mass of eyeballs asks.

"What about all those other buttons?" you ask.

"Those are all private floors- only the top and bottom are for all-alien access. It’s a bit speciesist if you ask me, but I am just the elevator attendant."

"Okay..." you mutter, a bit confused.

"The top floor is an observation room, where you can get a wonderful view of that water planet you and many others were visiting, while the bottom floor is for the RezTech fair you seemed so interested in. Which one do you prefer?"

Spoiler! :

Sorry for the late update.

@Wolfical @AllisontheWriter @EternalRain @haredrier @godlypopo @ChieRynn @insanegeek @TheSilverFox @lostthought
Last edited by Zolen on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

18 Reviews

Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:14 pm
View Likes
haredrier says...

> visit the fair

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:52 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

> and then ride the alien ferris wheel
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

440 Reviews

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:33 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

> get stuck at the top of the ferris wheel

> call for help
and do not be afraid.

110 Reviews

Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:15 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

p5

> visit the fair

"Well the fair does seem interesting." You say.

"Very well miss." The multi eyed alien said, pushing a button on the box to his left. A loud click sounded as the box you and suddenly plummets, speeding down to the blocky floor bellow at a break neck pace. Before you can even scream however it's already over, a pleasant 'ding' sounds and the window you had been looking out opens up presenting a path. "Now where do you want to go?"

> and then ride the alien Ferris wheel

"Well a fair has to have a Farris-Wheel right?" You say. When did you get used to talking to tentacle eye man?

"Oh very good, I've heard wonderful things about the primitives local death traps." He said.

Death trap?

After a very short walk down the odd path you notice something that is very much not a Farris-Wheel.

"That's not a Farris-Wheel." You say, figuring that you should make sure he knows.

"Oh, non-sense miss, I have it on good authority that this is the primitives Farris-Wheel, with some small improvements." While you freak out at this death trap you realize he had already put you in a bowl like seat, somehow pulling the massive contraption taunt with his own weight.

"Shouldn't there at least be some sort of straps to keep me from falling to my death?" You half scream at him.

"Goodness miss, putting safety on fun is what primitives do."

Like any reasonable 'primitive' you start screaming before he even lets go.

> get stuck at the top of the ferris wheel

Sadly you can't do that. So you will a extra suggestion into existence.

>learn to fly?

Sadly you can't do that either.

Dead.

'Hold in the screaming' you tell yourself.

Now! Do you go back into the screaming metal death trap wonderland? Or do you go back to Shary and see what she has to say? She might have figured out what to 'do with you' now.

Spoiler! :
#Zolenprocrastinates

@Wolfical @AllisontheWriter @EternalRain @haredrier @godlypopo @ChieRynn @insanegeek @TheSilverFox @lostthought

440 Reviews

Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:25 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

> notice that my clothes are different

> tumble out the capsule door and hit my head in the same place again

> have an emotional breakdown
and do not be afraid.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:32 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

^

> find that someone is standing right next to me
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:37 am
View Likes
godlypopo says...

^

> wipe tears and look up to see the feathered figure
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

I cannot separate the aesthetic pleasure of seeing a butterfly and the scientific pleasure of knowing what it is.
— Vladmir Nabokov