Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Community » Randomosity

RezTech Adventure



User avatar
107 Reviews



Gender: Male
Points: 471
Reviews: 107
Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:46 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...



Here's how this works- each post I make (one a day) will be a partially illustrated story, the style developing as I go. I need the practice, and I need the motivation to really refine this new style I just thought up, so I need help from anyone who reads this.

Each post will have the story end on one or more pathways that you, the reader, can influence.

In order for you, the reader, to get involved and help me, type:

>

Followed by a suggestion, for example:

>Ride the tiger

or

>Be the hero

or even

>Look, a moose!

Just something simple that I can work with in reply to any option or question I end each post with. Think early days home-stuck if your familiar with that comic. Through this, I have the motivation to continue, and you, dear reader, get to control the flow of the adventure. The most popular, or at least the most coherent, suggestions will be incorporated into how the protagonist acts and does things.

Also once the story goes a ways, if you ever want to look back without sorting through all the other comments each post is numbered in order with p followed by the number. Just ctrl + f and type in p and the post you want.

With that explanation out of the way, please enjoy the story, and participate as much as you can.

---------------------------
p1

You groan, trying to shift your stiff limbs only to discover yourself firmly tied down, a bag over your head that covers most of your body and stifles your breathing, making you uncomfortable in the hot and humid air. You couldn't quite name why you were in this situation due to a previous blow to your head. Too nosy maybe? Too many risks? Wrong place at the wrong time? All you could say for sure was that you were knocked out by someone and they had chosen to tie you up.

"About now, I probably should be lecturing you on your poor life choices." A husky voice says not too far away.

Image


"But..." You hear a gun cock. "I'm not much of a motivational speaker, kid, and you don't have much life left anyway."

You can hear a click-clacking of heels on the stone floor- she was getting closer.

"Now, my friends want to torture you. They figure you have some information, considering where we found you, but I'm not a fan of torturing brats and I doubt you know anything worth the effort. So, tell me, die now, or later after a few broken bones?"

A sharp pain goes through your head, forcing you to jerk away, your head bobbing.

Oops.

"Oh, a smart brat. Most kids watch a bunch of action movies thinking they'll make it out if they can handle the pain. Nobody handles the pain." She says. You could head some sort of click, the safety of the gun maybe.

You try to stop her and proudly announce your plan to go out like a action hero on the torture table but...

"Better luck on the other side."

Bang! A bullet to the head.

Your world instantly goes dark.

You're gone without even the flashback of your life...but the pause only lasts for a second, the darkness you expected replaced by a loading screen. Before a message popped up, 'Reztech' announcing a error.

Image


Image

"Because of technical issues, we are unable to find your bodily sex. Please pick your preferred sex from the options male or female."

It can't tell? Of course you're a...odd. You're sure you knew exactly what dangling bits you had only a few minutes ago. In fact you were even using them a few times today. Yet, when you try to recall, the memory escapes you. You feel this is a reasonably important choice, but that's starting to escape you too. Probably a side effect of being shot in the head. Another thing you notice while focusing on this screen that seems to have stopped your horrible demise is that the 'error' box is editable. You feel like this might be where your name goes and you're quite sure your name isn't 'Error'. With these two choices in mind you decide to choose...
Last edited by Zolen on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.
  





User avatar
404 Reviews



Gender: Female
Points: 3725
Reviews: 404
Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:07 pm
View Likes
Wolfical says...



>Insert name Roy

>Select male
Romans 12:2:
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but
be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Simon & Garfunkel <3
  





User avatar
317 Reviews



Gender: Female
Points: 20
Reviews: 317
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:59 am
View Likes
lostthought says...



>Insert name Draskel

>Select female
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts
  





User avatar
49 Reviews



Gender: Female
Points: 2995
Reviews: 49
Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:10 am
View Likes
AllisontheWriter says...



>Insert name Alex
>Select female
I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk.


This user proudly supports Faunus rights!


The artist formerly known as Honeybadger23, ComicalCrafty
  





User avatar
18 Reviews



Gender: Male
Points: 2200
Reviews: 18
Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:00 am
View Likes
haredrier says...



> Insert name La Cucharacha
> Select Male
Death isn't cruel- merely terribly, terribly good at his job.
  





User avatar
131 Reviews



Gender: Female
Points: 8053
Reviews: 131
Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:49 am
godlypopo says...



> Insert name Ibuku

> Select Female
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile
  





User avatar
69 Reviews



Gender: Female
Points: 295
Reviews: 69
Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:39 pm
View Likes
ChieRynn says...



> Insert name Nira

> Select Female
"Have you some kind of mental affliction?"

"Probably."
  





User avatar
107 Reviews



Gender: Male
Points: 471
Reviews: 107
Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:12 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...



Spoiler! :
sorry @AnnGrace you were a bit too late for me to account for you before I started drawing, best timing is the day I post, as the next day I shall draw as soon as I am up to it. Sorry.

Female won out, name picked via random generator


p2

>Select Female
>Name: Alex

The menu emits a hissssss after you make your choice. You picked female- of course you're a girl! While you were a little dazed about it, once you thought really deeply on how you handle your Neapolitan ice cream -taking the chocolate and strawberry, ignoring the vanilla- the choice was far too obvious!

As for the name, while you had some complicated and potentially fancy names floating around, Alex just stuck. If it's not your name, then your parents should have been as amazing at naming people as you.

The white of the screen starts to fade to black again, a voice blaring in your ear, "Babblefish is a proud sponsor of Reztech, and happily gives you a complimentary auto-translator with over five trillion languages, both primitive and advanced for your hearing pleasure. Please look for other babblefish products at your closest space faring retailor."

The same loading image appears in your vision just like last time.

Image


A short blurb appears under the screen, saying, "Following the 2020 rtg Free Health Care Lobby's efforts, RezTech machines are now paid for by the galactic government, so they are totally free (for you)! We hope you die again soon."

Another loud hiss sounds in your ear before you realize that you can feel things again. It was humid and you couldn't move, but you could feel things. It felt as though a whole day had passed in that weird loading screen.

Image

You hear a door open in front of you.

Image

'FREEDOM!' you think as you attempt to charge out.

...you're still tied up.

Image

Thump! Your head slams into what feels like solid metal, a sharp, throbbing pain covering your recently shot and beat up face.

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HIT YOU IN THE HEAD!?

You always felt you had a good head on your shoulders.

BUT EVERYTHING KEEPS HITTING IT!

Image

Oh wait, you're free...go you.

Ow, pain.

After a good three minutes congratulating yourself from getting free from the poorly tied, gender hiding bag via face smashing you notice a spider lady in the distance. Do you do the respectable thing and freak out, running through the closest door, or do you go talk to her? Maybe something else?


Spoiler! :
participation awareness ping @AnnGrace @godlypopo @haredrier @AllisontheWriter @lostthought @Wolfical
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.
  





User avatar
131 Reviews



Gender: Female
Points: 8053
Reviews: 131
Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:19 pm
View Likes
godlypopo says...



> walk up to her cautiously

> ask about location
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile
  





User avatar
18 Reviews



Gender: Male
Points: 2200
Reviews: 18
Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:25 pm
View Likes
haredrier says...



> walk up to her
> ask what to do next
Death isn't cruel- merely terribly, terribly good at his job.
  





User avatar
298 Reviews



Gender: Male
Points: 24255
Reviews: 298
Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:00 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...



> walk up to her warily

> make a nice comment about the spider lady's hairstyle
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.
  





User avatar
404 Reviews



Gender: Female
Points: 3725
Reviews: 404
Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:42 pm
View Likes
Wolfical says...



> hobble over to spider lady, groaning

> ask for some Aspirin
Romans 12:2:
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but
be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Simon & Garfunkel <3
  





User avatar
107 Reviews



Gender: Male
Points: 471
Reviews: 107
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:05 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...



p3

>Walk up to her warily
>Walk up to her cautiously


Right! Right, right, right. Help desks are good. Help desks are great. Even though it's being run by a spider lady, she might be able to help you figure out where you are.

Image

Head still beating, you walk through the hall of giant, metal pods full of all sorts of weird creatures as you walk up to the desk- a desk ran by yet another one of these creatures. 'Is this monster heaven?' You find yourself wondering, 'A space ship? A cloning bay?'

Finally, after what felt like hours of walking, you make it up to the help desk.

Image

Bit tall.

>Make a nice comment about the spider lady's hairstyle

"H-hi! Nice to meet you, ma'am. I-i... love your hair?"

Let’s start off civilized. You've never been all that polite, but you think this might be the best time to start.

Image

"Why, thank you, primitive...Alex!" The spider lady says, her two main eyes and one of the smaller ones on her face turning to you, but the rest remaining focused on the various screens she was manipulating. "Do you need anything?"

>Ask about location

"Where am I?" You ask.

"Oh, you're about 246,146 miles from Earth on the Albimo Company cruise ship. I'm just trying to figure out how you snuck through the system at the moment- nothing to worry about, dear primitive."

>Ask what to do next

"W-what do I do?"

"You can wait here with me while I sort out where to dump you, or you can go to the waiting room, which is right behind you."

>Ask for some aspirin

"Do you happen to have anything like aspirin?" You ask. "I kind of hit my head."

"I don't really know anything about primitive medication, sorry...Alex." She was smiling the whole time, but the whole 'primitive' thing is starting to annoy you.

Primitive? You're talking to an alien? What do you do now? Do you go into the waiting room that's probably full of even more aliens, or ask the help desk lady more questions?

Spoiler! :
Participation awareness ping @AnnGrace @godlypopo @haredrier @AllisontheWriter @lostthought @Wolfical @TheSilverFox

By the way, everyone can talk and everything, the > is future proofing so that I can sort between suggestions and general conversion.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.
  





User avatar
131 Reviews



Gender: Female
Points: 8053
Reviews: 131
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:36 pm
View Likes
godlypopo says...



>wait with the spider lady (monsters are scary)
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile
  





User avatar
49 Reviews



Gender: Female
Points: 2995
Reviews: 49
Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:51 pm
View Likes
AllisontheWriter says...



>go into the waiting room
I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk.


This user proudly supports Faunus rights!


The artist formerly known as Honeybadger23, ComicalCrafty
  








What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
— Albert Pines