z

Young Writers Society

5 Months and Counting

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:15 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

A couple of days ago, I realized that I have been here for five months. I should have gone out right then and written some ode but I was too busy chatting in the Lounge. And then I started writing all of these reasons that were really thank you notes. This is unfortunately not something I could publish as a literary work because I'm not sure how the critique for that to go. I have worked so hard to help clean out the Green Room, I wouldn't want to fill it back up again.
So that's basically why this is being posted here. It doesn't really fit in any other forum and some of my thank you notes aren't very serious.

1.Thank you for helping me come out of my shell and actually be able to communicate with people. I could barely do that before and now all I do is talk to people. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing at this point. I still can't really talk to people during my brief visits to the Outernet(the real world, Earth, other humans, etc.) but I don't have to worry about fandom references here.
"Murder, mayhem, chaos, blowing people up. You miss are a psychopath."
"I'm not a psychopath. I am a high functioning sociopath."
Usually that ends in people thinking I'm even crazier.

2.Thanks for showing me how to write poetry and then how to actually write poetry well. I've said it before in other posts but I really never did write poetry before joining. My opinions of poetry also changed allowing me to observe yet another genre.

3.Thank you for making my life better and even happier. I swear, I tried to figure out what my life would have been like if I had not joined. My head hurt after all that thinking. This part was actually not the joke of my post. When the five months came up, I really did wonder how I had only been here such a short time. I don't know where my life would have taken me without this, but I am very glad to have stumbled upon YWS.

4.Thanks to the people of YWS who are sort of like my friends. You guys are always there when I need to talk to someone.

5.Oh and chat gets a separate thank you. For the first month, I spent nearly all of my time there. I just wish someone had told me not to take it seriously. But after the second visit to chat, I stayed instead of running out immediately like any sane person would have done. In chat, I could finally make jokes that when I told in real life, people always took seriously.

6. Thanks for not giving me rude and unwelcome feedback.

That is all the thank you notes I have for now but feel free to post your own. I have plans for writing a few more, I just haven't figured out what so far.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
— Mark Twain