z

Young Writers Society

My Dating Experiences Episode #2

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:47 pm
deleted says...

Galatea wrote:
...sometimes you cannot approach a piece of work as a writer.

I'm not entirely sure why you brought that up, anyhow.

If you would like to discuss which posts are appropriate, and which are not, then it must be discussed why posts are posted in the first place.

A piece of writing can have many purposes, and if it is in the literary section, you are correct, a critique is warranted.

But please always ask yourself one question whenever you log into YWS.

Why do people want to write. NOT why does this person want to be a writer. And CERTAINLY NOT why does this person want to be a member of TYWS.

I think the belief of all 'writers' is that if you are to be successful, then you must believe that writing is NOT a natural god-given gift. However, to utilize writing as a tool, and become excited at the world that tool can open, there is much more to understand, explore, and discover than simply spelling words correctly and using appropriate grammer.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:45 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I think the belief of all 'writers' is that if you are to be successful, then you must believe that writing is NOT a natural god-given gift. However, to utilize writing as a tool, and become excited at the world that tool can open, there is much more to understand, explore, and discover than simply spelling words correctly and using appropriate grammer.

What you call writing is what I call creativity. Writing for me is the actual process, the grammar, the words, even the rules. There is a definite pleasure when you write the perfect sentence.

Creativity is just finding topics to write about. Creativity and Writing are combined in the art of storytelling, which is magical.

Still, this thread has nothing to do with writing. On the off chance that you score with one of these girls, you won't be posting your adventures here will you?

This would be better kept in a blog.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:48 pm
Cassandra says...

Griffinkeeper wrote:This would be better kept in a blog.

Ditto. >.<

And I don't blame the girl for not replying to you: who wants to be told they're only liked for their looks?
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:53 pm
deleted says...

Still, this thread has nothing to do with writing. On the off chance that you score with one of these girls, you won't be posting your adventures here will you?

This would be better kept in a blog.

sILLY gRIF.

The idea of using writing to approach those of the opposite sex, is... well, very much as interesting as writing the perfect sentence.

This thread, and one before, were each treated the way this category treats all its inhabitants, with random. I am simply following a theme, and see where it goes, and who brings it there.

(Oh yeah, only the writing goes here, nothing more)

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:14 pm
LamaLama says...

I've gotta agree with grif. This forum may be for the random misadventures of the young writers society. But what you're posting is blog material, whereupon it does not clog up our pretty board with declarations not fit for smut.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:35 pm
Nai says...

Hey since this IS in randomness...

Who calls the person they are with a "mate" anymore?

The only people who say that anymore like to "liberate" themselves, not bathe, and believe that living in the wilderness for an extended period of time will enlighten them.

Either that or old people on online dating services lol
Even though i'd like to criticize online dating, i'll stop before I piss off anyone else
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:46 pm
View Likes
LamaLama says...

Oh no, please do criticize onling dating. It deserves more criticism then it gets.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

Teach a man to fish, he eats for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, you eat for a day. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.
— Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)