z

Young Writers Society

Diffirences between steampunk/disealpunk/biopunk/cyberpunk?

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:47 am
queenofscience says...

What is the different between the four? Can somone give me exsamples as to what is commonly featured of the diffirent subgerana's? Thanks. ( I also want to know in case I want to write in any of thease gerna's.)
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:13 am
Zolen says...

Wrong place for this, but i guess its a random question. I only know of two of those.

Steampunk worlds tend to be themed on steam based tech, big tubes, gears, everything in bronze, and dressed like their in Victoria England.

Cyber punk is noted for dark skin tight clothes traced with neon colors, flashing lights, digital sounds, and colorful hairs. Often times games based on this are based in knowingly digital worlds. (think tron in terms of how knowingly.)

I don't know about the other two you mentioned
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:13 am
Kopaka says...

Dieselpunk is like Steampunk but have more diesel engine machines. Everything is gritty,grimy and oily. Kinda old fashion technology.

Biopunk I believe is more like those old 90's space anime. Living ships, armor weapons. Tools and things are alive.
Very science-y in terms of biology.

The other two is pretty much what Zolen said.

There's also Dungeonpunk too.
"They are rage, brutal, without mercy, but you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is done" -DOOM

I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.
— Margaret Atwood