z

Young Writers Society

My Dating Experiences Episode #1

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:19 pm
deleted says...

Sureal wrote:Can anyone say 'this topic has gone off topic' :P?

From reading Jimmy's post, I have come to the conclusion that, actually, asking a girl how she likes her limes is not a good pick-up line 8).

I love the way my silly question has generated such discussions. I guess it is the result of my 'archaic" post. I wish I had the time to research and validate everyone's claim.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:31 pm
LamaLama says...

Firestarter wrote:
At abouts 600 (give or take 30 years) Jews in the area were given two options, convert to Christianity, or leave. Their children were even taken from them to be given a christian education.
At abouts 700, (again, give or take 30 years) the Moores invaded the area. They didn't take a direct stance on rule, but they did forcefully convert most people. And the Berbers did most of the dirty work.
The Moores were pretty successfull in the area, and for the next 700 years, spain was ihnabited by two people, Catholic surfs, or Muslim freemen and nobels.

No.

The Jews were given that option in 1492, hence why Dan said his family lived in Spain until 1492.

The Moors and The Jews lived in Spain at the same time.

The Moors, after Granada was conquered, were also given the option of converting of going, some stayed, some went. The converted become Moriscos, and were kept on a close watch by the Inquisition.

Year 613 in spain, to be exact. Look it up.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:54 pm
Firestarter says...

Yeah, but then you say Ferdinand and Isabella turned up after that?

They were the ones that kicked the Jews out.

I didn't know about Spanish years, show me something, 'cos I can't find anything.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:07 pm
Crysi says...

BY THE WAY, THIS ISN'T A DEBATE. ;) *hint hint*

Anyway. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the whole lime thing. I think that's kinda cute. But then, I'm off-the-wall like that. *shrugs*
Love and Light

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:16 pm
Galatea says...

Ah, but my dear Crysi, it IS the randomness forum, and in theory anything goes, right? I see no reason why a simple discussion about limes can't lead to a debate about Isabella and Ferdinand and whether or not Sab's ancestors were, in fact, Jewish.

I like limes in seltzer water. Very refreshing and calorie free.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

594 Reviews

Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:38 pm
Crysi says...

My reminder, dearest Galatea, was meant to stop any form of debate that may occur. Debates can quickly get out of control. I have no problem with people changing the subject to Spain or cheetahs or whatever, as it is the randomness forum. I simply wanted to make sure things did not get out of hand.

Generally, I don't like limes, although I love squeezing lime juice over pasta. Very tasty.
Love and Light

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:41 am
LamaLama says...

What's the problem? This wasn't out of control at all. There was nothing that I could see that would even get out of control.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:48 am
deleted says...

I dont think there was anything wrong with it at all. I thought it was great FUN!

Be certain to check out episode #2, which is now posted.

Also, planned Episode #4 is quite disturbing, a lot of the communicate went wrong somewhere. And Episode #3 is a two parter as she and I had a lot of communications between us.

So enjoy these silly ones I had fun with, the serious stuff is coming soon. Lots to comment on.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:49 am
ZZAP says...

*sigh*
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:41 am
supercanti says...

limes go best with pants............ or salt

594 Reviews

Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:52 am
Crysi says...

Apologies. I skimmed too quickly over it. You're right - nothing wrong about it.

I have a strange craving for limes now...
Love and Light

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:55 am
sabradan says...

Galatea wrote:If his ancestors weren't muslim, they were catholic. that's how spain works.

No.
My family was--and still is--Jewish. And I think I'D know my ancestory better than all of you. There was a sizeable Jewish population of Spain from after the Roman Expulsion (70 CE) until the Inquisition (1492) at which point we were given 3 choices: convert, leave or die. In fact, there are many Jewish scholars who lived there. The most famous, (who non-Jews may even know about) lived in Toledo and went by the name Moses Maiamonedes (My apologies, I can't spell his name in English) also known as "the rambam" and is famous for thinking of the "ladder of tzedakah (charity)" In which the highest one is teaching someone a trade.
My family left along with most. We went to Russia and Poland after Spain (God only knows WHY) I am whats called a Sefardic Jew. Ancestry in Spain/Portugal/Middle East. I am of Middle Eastern decent with I'm sure some Spainsh mixed in down the line due to well...use your imagination. So, I am full blooded Middle-Eastern Jew, as well as Hispanic (all though to a lesser degree). Hispanic=someone with heritage in a spanish-speaking nation. Thus Family living in Spain=sab being Hispanic.

Heh. This is quite interesting tho, Qi, that you think you know my ancestory better than I do. But you are right on one thing: I am not Mexican. I do have many mexican freinds/freinds of the family and my Godfather (who lives in Israel) is Mexican, and I usually celebrate either with them, or just as a typical american teen and go out and get smashed.

But as far as Ferdinand and Isabella go, lets just say I learned a different version of the poem "In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue" It went a little something like this: "In 1492, Ferdinand and Isabella kicked us out for being Jews"
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots; Her coat is one of the tabby kind,with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
— T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats