z

Young Writers Society

My Dating Experiences Episode #1

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:27 pm
deleted says...

Hello Everyone:

Since my divorce, I have been on a few dating pages. Results have not been very good, but I am going to share some of the adventures with you. So be sure check my posts with this title and reply. In these posts, the words in italics are exactly how it was worded.

When I rate the girls I send messages to, it is based on the following criteria:

Looks: (L)1-5
Distance: (D)1-5
Match: (M)1-5
Profile: (P)1-5
Header line: (H)1-5

Episode #1

Rating- (L4.5) (D2) (M3.5) (P2) (H4.5)

This is a short one. There was a decent looking girl about 65 miles away from me, so that was kinda far. But her headerline was irresistable. In it she states "I LOVE LIMES!"

Now my immediate thought was, 'Who doesn't love a good lime every once in awhile.'

Even though she was kinda far, I thought I would send her the following e-mail in response to her profile:

Hey there,

I have a question and then perhaps we can meet and see if we are a match:

I see you like limes, well I would like to know:

"How do you like your limes?"

A. With a coconut (or is it Coke-u-nut)
B. In a Marguerita
C. With an ice cold Corona
D. Squirted into your eye.

Well, you don't have to answer right now, think about it, then check out my profile and reply if your interested.

Jim

Results: She never replied.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:40 pm
Firestarter says...

Clearly limes are the best with Coronas.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:36 pm
sabradan says...

But only on Cinco de Mayo. Otherwise, its Tequila.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:56 am
LamaLama says...

Sab- you aren't mexican. you're not even hispanic!! What part of Cinco de Mayo are YOU celebrating?!!? *death*
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:32 am
Galatea says...

Rating women? That sounds awfully archaic....

Do you have kids? How old?
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:47 am
sabradan says...

LamaLama wrote:Sab- you aren't mexican. you're not even hispanic!! What part of Cinco de Mayo are YOU celebrating?!!? *death*

And how do YOU know I'm not Hispanic? My family lived in Spain in the time between 70 CE and 1492. @#$$^$$%$ing Isabella and Ferdinand.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

128 Reviews

Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:49 am
Galatea says...

Isabella invented the nipple ring.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

52 Reviews

Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:54 am
LamaLama says...

sabradan wrote:
LamaLama wrote:Sab- you aren't mexican. you're not even hispanic!! What part of Cinco de Mayo are YOU celebrating?!!? *death*

And how do YOU know I'm not Hispanic? My family lived in Spain in the time between 70 CE and 1492. @#$$^$$%$ing Isabella and Ferdinand.

That doesn't make you hispanic. That makes you moorish. You're family was muslim.

BESIDES: cinco de mayo is at the most, a latin american holiday, and at its least, a mexican holiday. The spanish had nothing to do with it. Even if they DID, it would have been centuries after your family left the area, and they would have been on the side that the mexicans are celebrating winning over.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:34 am
Poor Imp says...

Ha...I think I can understand why there was no reply, Jim. It's one of those questions.

(Dan could be Jewish - and Spanish, and they wouldn't contradict, you know. He needn't be Muslim just because the moors invaded Spain. 0o' ...And - Cinco de Mayo is a holiday celebrated by Americans in general, isn't it? All I've observed.)
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

128 Reviews

Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:40 am
Galatea says...

If his ancestors weren't muslim, they were catholic. that's how spain works.

52 Reviews

Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:28 am
LamaLama says...

Poor Imp wrote:Ha...I think I can understand why there was no reply, Jim. It's one of those questions.

(Dan could be Jewish - and Spanish, and they wouldn't contradict, you know. He needn't be Muslim just because the moors invaded Spain. 0o' ...And - Cinco de Mayo is a holiday celebrated by Americans in general, isn't it? All I've observed.)

Nooot really.

Spains history is not spanish. And by that I mean, spain was not the european power that we think of until after 1492. Until that point, it was just a part of a one empire or another. Before the Moores, it was the Romans. Before the Romans, it was full of tribes and loose bands of clansmen. No one people to speak of.

At abouts 600 (give or take 30 years) Jews in the area were given two options, convert to Christianity, or leave. Their children were even taken from them to be given a christian education.
At abouts 700, (again, give or take 30 years) the Moores invaded the area. They didn't take a direct stance on rule, but they did forcefully convert most people. And the Berbers did most of the dirty work.
The Moores were pretty successfull in the area, and for the next 700 years, spain was ihnabited by two people, Catholic surfs, or Muslim freemen and nobels.

Then along came ferdinand and isabella, and you know the rest.

Cinco de mayo, imp, is indeed more of a tradition in the united states than it is in its own home country. There are several cultural reasons for this. The most proiminent and important reason is that people from the latin american countries in the united states needed a holiday of their own. Remember, this is about the same time that the Irish are still coming over in droves in the North East, and at this point, have their own holiday. (who coinicdently, are also catholic) The largest group of people in the south west not from this country were Mexicans, so naturally, their national holiday became the one celebrated. Today, almost all latino's celebrate Cinco de Mayo, and by almost all, I mean 99.9999999999999%, with a .0000000000000001 error ratio.

American's do celebrate it, but American's also celebrate St. Patrick's day. Even those who are not catholic and are not irish.

Dan, is, however, an Isreali. And not that that really means anything, but.... who ELSE is going to celebrate this?!? Will they celebrate mexico's defeat of France (who hasn't?) in CHINA?!?! AAAAAAAAAAH.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:01 am
Firestarter says...

At abouts 600 (give or take 30 years) Jews in the area were given two options, convert to Christianity, or leave. Their children were even taken from them to be given a christian education.
At abouts 700, (again, give or take 30 years) the Moores invaded the area. They didn't take a direct stance on rule, but they did forcefully convert most people. And the Berbers did most of the dirty work.
The Moores were pretty successfull in the area, and for the next 700 years, spain was ihnabited by two people, Catholic surfs, or Muslim freemen and nobels.

No.

The Jews were given that option in 1492, hence why Dan said his family lived in Spain until 1492.

The Moors and The Jews lived in Spain at the same time.

The Moors, after Granada was conquered, were also given the option of converting of going, some stayed, some went. The converted become Moriscos, and were kept on a close watch by the Inquisition.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:59 pm
backgroundbob says...

A lime only reaches its full potential when juggled with lemons.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:14 pm
Sureal says...

Can anyone say 'this topic has gone off topic' :P?

From reading Jimmy's post, I have come to the conclusion that, actually, asking a girl how she likes her limes is not a good pick-up line 8).
I wrote the above just for you.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
deleted says...

Galatea wrote:Rating women? That sounds awfully archaic....

Do you have kids? How old?

More like rating the potential of the date.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
— Martin Luther King Jr.