z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern [2]

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:08 am
View Likes
Malamaya says...

Malamaya beamed when she heard the answer she continued the flow, "I can play the flute but I'm pretty rusty, the piano confuses me and guitars aren't my style. But I can sing well, so it makes up for the lack of instrumental prowess. Though I really want to play an Ocarina.." Offering another strawberry Malamaya bit into another one. "What songs do you like?"
This is a rather clever sentence that got you to read it all.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:08 am
Mageheart says...

This was going to be awkward. Most people would say stuff you could hear on the radio. Me, on the other hand? The majority of my favorite songs were either anime openings, English covers of aforementioned anime openings, or Vocaloid songs.

"Um..." I started, unsure of which ones to mention. "I'm a big fan of NateWantsToBattle. He's a YouTuber who does anime covers in English and comes up with really neat songs for video games and animes. My favorites of his would have to be..." I trailed off and thought for a second. "There's Hero of Our Time, which is an original song for Legend of Zelda. Then I love his covers of Strike Back, Goya no Machiwase, and especially Clattonia."

Maybe I shouldn't have said Clattonia. If you didn't know the anime and listened to it, it didn't make any sense and she would probably thing I was crazy.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

10 Reviews

Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:26 am
View Likes
Malamaya says...

Eyes lit up, Malamaya grinned. "NateWantsToBattle huh? That's awesome! My favorite is Drowning, and plenty of his English anime covers, like the opening for Blue Exorcist. I also love his Pokémon parodies, then again, there's that opening to Boku no Hero Academia and a lot of others like Evangelion... Can't forget the opening to one of the classics.." She trailed off, Mage might not know anime but eh, she listens to NateWAntsToBattle, so she must have stumbled across one of them since he did lots.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:34 am
Mageheart says...

"I love Drowning and his Blue Exorcist covers too!" I exclaim. What were the chances that the (albeit paranoid) writer I had met would share my love? I hadn't expected her to have even heard of him, much less listen to his songs! "I've never seen Evangelion before, but I do have the first couple manga volumes. There were a birthday gift a couple of years ago. I've never hated a character more than Shinji's dad."
mage

queer and here.

10 Reviews

Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:47 am
View Likes
Malamaya says...

Grinning she then quoted, "Get in the f'in robot Shinji." Excited she then asked, "Any anime you're watching now? I'm trying to find an anime I've seen as a kid. I forgot the name since it was long but it was fun watching plus I'm feeling nostalgic." Grabbing another strawberry she quickly finished it off. I can't believe it! A fellow writer, listens to NateWantsToBattle, knows anime... Frigging legit in my books! Her smile seemed less practiced as she shown with excitement, While socializing isn't something I'm good at considering one of my classmates pointed out how I'm like an outsider during Values class, I'm happy to meet a hopefully stable person to befriend. Or are we friends already? I can never tell..

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:14 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Sound shuffled in walking in the most goofy and awkward way possible. She took a seat at the bar, staring around doe-eyed at the place.

"I have no idea what I am doing. But I like apple juice." Sound winks suggestively (suggestive that she wants apple juice, not anything else you nugget).
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:46 pm
Featherstone says...

Tasha (if you want more on her, just go to 'the Tavern' in Character Tea Party) walks into the bar and promptly sits down. "I'll take a beer," she says. "Or, if you don't have that, I will stick with water for me 'n my mate 'ere." She gestures to her dog, Wolfsbane, who is panting like she hasn't drank anything in a week.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

10 Reviews

Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:51 am
View Likes
Malamaya says...

Malamaya heard shuffling and words pertaining to apple juice. Hm, a newcomer... The sudden scent of dog hit her nose as she heard someone ask for beer. Malamaya silently approved, though she was more of a wine person given the taste appealed to her greatly. The memory of her holy communion, dipped in a lovely looking red wine, flashed in her mind.

Looking at the person with the dog, Malamaya greeted them, "Hello. I'm Malamaya. May I ask for your name and your companion's name as well?" Malamaya pointedly looked at the dog and kept her strawberries. Her other hand reaching in to grab a certain coin. Her fingers toying with it as she looked at the new arrivals with curiosity.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:14 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I'm Tasha Hunter, the Guard Dog. My companion is Wolfsbane. It is a pleasure to meet you." She brushes a lock of hair out of her dusty face. Judging from her appearance, you can guess she's been on the road for a long time.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:01 pm
Mageheart says...

I peek around @Malamaya. "Hi!" I exclaim with a grin. "I'm Mage; don't mind the demonic appearance. I named myself after a demon, so I was kind of asking for it." Absentmindedly, I try to neaten my short, light blue hair. I have a sneaking suspicion it doesn't help in any way whatsoever.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:15 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Seeing Mage's rather demonic look, Tasha starts before realizing that they pose no harm. She sits back down and takes her hand of the pommel of her blade. Her dog, too, rises, but lies down at her mistress' feet as Tasha calls her off.
"Pleasure to meet you, Mage."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:43 am
Mageheart says...

I glance at @Malamaya before my gaze returns to Tasha. "Do you like anime?" I ask. It's better to get important things like this out of the way as early as possible; after all, Malamaya is a fan too, so it would be even cooler if Tasha was as well.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:51 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She looks at you blankly. "Ani-what now?"

he/him/his

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:14 pm
View Likes
MeatBunCat says...

A MeatBunCat bounces into the room! It has 10,000 hp, and drops meat buns when defeated!

"Meow~"

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:45 pm
shima says...

Tired and weary, Shima walk into the room. He sits down at one of the tables and asks if they serve Gin Tonics - always good after a day of killing gods.

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie