z

Young Writers Society

Epic first and last sentence game!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:03 pm
jumpingsheep says...

Okay so here's the game:

Create an epic first line to a novel and then an epic last line. Post it on this forum and the poster below you "fills in" the plot to what happened in the middle, and then posts their two lines. Post as many times as you want!

Here's an example:

Person A:

*plot summary of what happens in book above*

First line: It wasn't my idea to steal the cookies, but rather, the idea of a now-dead man.
Last line: All of this, and the cookie was raisin.

Person B:

*Story above is the heartbreaking heist story of two friends who conspire to steal the last remaining cookie in the world. After breaking into the COOK-Y-JAAR Labs they manage to get their hands on the golden chocolate chip cookie. However, they are caught by guards and the narrator's friend dies. The narrator makes it out, only to discover that the cookie was not chocolate chip at all, but raisin.*

First line:____________
Last line:____________

And the game continues! Ready, set, go!
Be creative! Feel free to even title the story you are filling in!
Last edited by jumpingsheep on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hello there

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:10 pm
jumpingsheep says...

Oops, forgot to post my first and last line!

First line: On an otherwise unremarkable Saturday, the club decided to take one last trek into the woods.

Last line: I will never return to Seattle.
hello there

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:51 pm
PickledChrissy says...

First line- His shirt rose and fell slowly.

Last line- "Eric, don't send me a Christmas card."
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:59 pm
erilea says...

His shirt rose and fell slowly. He was standing in the wind when someone called his name. "Eric! Turn that fan off! It's cold enough here!"
He turned it off and said, "Can't I have fun? I was pretending to be--"
"I don't care! When it's freezing cold here and you're turning on the fan, how do you think I feel?" his sister screamed back.
"I should send you a Christmas card. Maybe that'll cheer you up!" Eric said optimistically. In the other room, his sister facepalmed.
"Eric, don't send me a Christmas card."

Wherever you are, I'll find you.
Where the heck are you?!
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

These were autumn mornings, the time of year when kings of old went forth to conquest; and I, never stirring from my little corner in Calcutta, would let my mind wander over the whole world.
— Rabindranath Tagore, The Cabuliwallah