z

Young Writers Society

What is your favorite book or series?

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:41 pm
TheSilentBagpipe says...

Name your favorite books ;)

Just to name a couple of the top of my head. They may not be all my absolute favorites but books I know I enjoyed.

- Inheritance Cycle - Christopher Paolini (My all time inspiration since my early years of writing <3)
-The Song Of the Silent Harp Series - BJ Hoff
-Rangers Apprentice - John Flanagan
True courage is being scared to death yet saddling up anyways - John Wayne

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 pm
Lael says...

-Ascendance trilogy (Jennifer A. Nielsen)
-Keys to the Kingdom series (Garth Nix)
-For Darkness Shows the Stars (Diana Peterfreund)
-Lunar Chronicles series (Marissa Meyer)
-The Lord of the Rings (J.R.R. Tolkien) (even though it was, at some points, terribly boring and slow, I really liked it and am glad I read it. Yes, sort of contradictory, but that's how it was. :))
-The Chronicles of Narnia (C.S. Lewis) (this has been one if my favorites since childhood)
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

Reviews: 1
Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:31 am
NoahBaker says...

John flanagan is my fav author. Ranger's Apprentice was the best series ever, and he came out with a second one called the brotherband chronicles, I dont know if youve read it but if you haven't you NEED to see it. I also like LOTR and Harry Potter.

111 Reviews

Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:11 pm
TheSilentBagpipe says...

I love the Brotherband Chronicles! BIG BIG FAN. I don't like Harry Potter but LOTR is MY ABSOLUTE OBSESSION =p
Did you know they are coming out with a Ranger's Apprentice movie? They are auditioning in Ireland right now!! *jumps up and down*

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:36 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

:O :O :O

RA FTW

It only took them forever to get started on the Ranger's Apprentice movie. They were like, "..Eh, I'll start next year. Or maybe the year after that. Or maybe five years from now... :/"

I am just about the biggest RA fan. Ex: If you look at where I'm from on my wall... XD

I'm probably going to love the RA movie even if it's terrible, because RA will FINALLY be a movie. XD

BC is awesome too. I love the part where Gilan just jumps out all like, " I'm awesome." XD
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

Reviews: 4
Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:59 pm
JohnDavid says...

My favorite series by far is the Harry Potter series. As I'm writing this I'm watching the first movie. I adore the series and couldn't live without it. I actually have a dog named Dobby. I believe J.K. Rowling is brilliant and if I could have dinner with any celebrity, it would be her.

Although, my favorite book was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, I recently read Zoe Sugg's book Girl Online. I love Zoe as a youtuber and her book was amazing and incredibly entertaining. I read it in about a day and want to read it again.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:51 pm
View Likes
Eferhilda says...

There are two specific series that made me want to be a writer:

Earth's Children (Jean M. Auel)- Prehistoric Fiction to which my daughter owes her name to the main character.

The Sword of Truth Series (Terry Goodkind)- His use of characters and details still floor me. I have yet to read any series where I get so invested in the lives of characters and rooting for them. He also never introduces a character with out them being important in some way. A character from the first book may not be seen again until 4 books later, but what they did in that first book mattered way more than anyone could have guessed.

When I was younger I really enjoyed the Animorph series. Played to my loved of animals and shapeshifting. One of the few books that I spent my allowance on regularly just so that I could obtain the whole collection which I still have today. It was also the first series I read where a character died.
“Love is not about what you want. It’s about finding happiness for the one you love.” - Kahlan Amnell -

111 Reviews

Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:52 am
TheSilentBagpipe says...

I have yet to read the The Sword of Truth Series but I have been thinking on it for about a year now. Since you reminded me, when I get home I might look on the shelf for them xD

Animorph was something I read maybe one or two books of before getting bored. My sister said that I read books a couple years ahead of most people my age so kids books never really appealed to me...sadly because Ive heard some kid books are awesome lol

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:01 pm
View Likes
erilea says...

Why. Have. I. Not. Seen. This. Thread.
PERCY JACKSON OHMIGOD AHHHH
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:15 am
Eferhilda says...

TheSilentBagpipe wrote:I have yet to read the The Sword of Truth Series but I have been thinking on it for about a year now. Since you reminded me, when I get home I might look on the shelf for them xD

If you are in the market for some character development that often leaves you wanting to hurl a book in anger lol, then this is the series for you!
“Love is not about what you want. It’s about finding happiness for the one you love.” - Kahlan Amnell -

111 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:39 pm
TheSilentBagpipe says...

LoL once I get home from vacation I will check it out =P

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:17 pm
captainearth says...

game of thrones by george rr martin this is i'm favorite book and tv series.
Spoiler! :
i'm not a captain :P

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:56 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Scott Westerfled's Leviathan trilogy, and The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. The Skulduggery Pleasant books also have a very special place in my heart.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:06 pm
Storybraniac says...

N.E.R.D.S by Michael Buckley

Hardy Boys by Franklin W Dixon

Two of my favorite series
Our thing progresses
I call and you come through
Blow all my friendships
To sit in hell with you
But we’re the greatest
They’ll hang us in the Louvre
Down the back, but who cares? Still the Louvre.

- Lorde

In my head I do everything right

Reviews: 0
Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:14 am
justducky says...

my favourite so far is the sword of truth series by Terry goodkind. Sounds lame I know but it's pretty good

I am just curious-have I ever been on the bottom quote-thingy?
— foxmaster