z

Young Writers Society

The Story Behind Your Story

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:01 am
Amnesia says...

So the only rule is that you have to wait for 3 responses before posting here again

Ill start

LS is based off missing children. Millions of children are taken everyday from all around the world. LS is a story of determination amd survival.

My father is my inseperation to write, i write so that he may live on in my heart.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:18 pm
TheCatchphrase says...

Wait, can you explain this please? Are we giving exposition on our stories or?
live in technicolor

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:19 pm
Amnesia says...

Just the intial insperation that you got to write what you write essentially
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

5 Reviews

Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:32 pm
TheCatchphrase says...

Well, I got into storytelling because of all the cartoons I watched as a kid. Seriously, seeing them made we want to create worlds and characters for others to escape to.
live in technicolor

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:05 am
mephistophelesangel says...

I write my stories because, well, my ideas literally just appear in my head, like BAM, WRITE THIS. And sometimes I write it, and it turns out awful, so I stop. But sometimes it turns out great, and I finish it and save it and brag about it and carry it on my shoulders wherever I go and shout about it all day and grab random people... (Ok, I'll stop)

But, yeah. My writings' inspirations are very, very random. But sometimes I write stuff because people tell me that I can't.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:12 am
AttackOfTheFlash says...

The inspiration for my stories (including the ones I don't have here on YWS) come from various places. My short story Shades of White was inspired by a song and a lesson from biology class. My 2014 NaNoWriMo child took its inspiration from an idea I had five years ago mixed in with real experiences. One of my stories is about learning to let go of people close to you (which came from the incident I had between somebody).
So my inspiration comes from many places, from real life experiences to pictures on Pinterest (yes really! XD)
Are you living or simply existing?

5 Reviews

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:24 am
TheCatchphrase says...

Gonna break the 3 post rule real quick cuz I'm curious
@CuriosityCat
@r4p17
@PickledChrissy
@Zhia
@Kelpies
@AstralHunter
live in technicolor

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:59 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

When @TheWanderingWizard and I were still in grade 8, he drew a map. I was interested, so I asked him for what it was, and he said he wanted to have a game made of it some day. I scoffed and said there is no way he would accomplish that on his own, so he should write a book about it and hope it will end up like Harry Potter, LOTR, etc. However, I very clearly told him I wanted nothing to do with it, but read it instead. As usual, Wanderer completely ignored me and asked for my help anyway.

At first, this idea was simple, but that changed when we both dropped the series on which we had been working separately so we could focus all our efforts on the current one. Unfortunately, we have been working on this series since then, and have progressed no further than chapter one. (At a time, we were at page 145, but then I insisted we start over. :$ )

So, if all else fails, we must write a story just about the antagonists, as they even greater charcters than the protagonists themselves. Their history is a delight to create, and it simple keeps getting ever more interesting.

I have a great many stories to tell, but I think that one is enough for now.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:10 pm
CuriosityCat says...

I write because... Well, because I feel like I need to say something.

I want to say something people will listen to, and when I write, I can speak freely. No one needs to see my face and no one needs to know that the quiet girl in the back row drawing wants to change the world. I'm free to say what I want to say and say it loudly. I can speak so much more eloquently without having to show myself. I know it sounds cowardly, but there are some things about myself I'd rather most of my friends not know. I'm an outspoken atheist, anti-racist, feminist from a mis-mash of places who supports gay marriage and has big plans for a life of activism and world travel. I live in a place where girls are torn down for standing up, and I feel like I'm free of all that when I write.

(Now I've gone all sappy and sentimental on you, I feel I should also point out that I also write because it's fun and I love doing it. XD I'm not really that boring.)
Nothing to see here, puny mortals. Move along.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

5 Reviews

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:53 pm
TheCatchphrase says...

I get a lot of inspirations and concepts to write about from dreams/nightmares.
live in technicolor

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:53 pm
Kelpies says...

Almost all my writing originated in dreams.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:53 am
Pook says...

Well I write because it's obviously fun and allows me to physically create and express anything that goes on mentally.
My latest novel is based on zombies, and was mostly inspired by post-apocalyptic or sci-fi novels/movies. I always find a very specific and interesting aspect about each one and really wished that someone would see what I saw, combine all the ideas together, and make an epic, one of a kind zombie novel/movie. But.....no one ever did haha, so I'm taking it upon myself to make it happen.
Feel free to read and review my latest work, "Worth Fighting For: Prologue 2.0", and others. :)
*We're All Just Here To Help Each Other Out, So Why Not?* :D
"We are the Walking Dead." - Rick Grimes

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:56 am
View Likes
r4p17 says...

The idea behind Typo Alley is partly how I view writing as divided into two worlds and partly based off of YWSer's username typos! ^^
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:03 pm
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

Entering Lyca (name is still subject to change) is believe it or not based entirely off my life >.> it does have quite a bit of the supernatural fantasy stuff, but if you take that away it's a more symbolic version of my life. In fact just about everything I write is a symbolic version of my life xD

I just love to use symbolism, allegories, and themes that tend to be really deep and sometimes rather amusing depending on how you catch them ;)

Just a couple I've used so far:

Werewolves/werecoyotes= our inner demons that we try to bury deep inside but eventually come to the surface.

Acceptance: you need to learn to accept your past and current circumstances in order to move forward. You need to learn to accept yourself and others as well to create inner peace and peace in general.

Yes, Sunny is quite deep and dark >.>
~Sun Goddess~

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun May 17, 2015 7:34 pm
Poopsie says...

I got my inspiration to write when I was born.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who knows anything about anyone, let alone themselves.
— Hank Green