Why did you start writing?

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:31 pm
View Likes
Satira says...

Hi!
I'll go first.
I started writing stories because I was lonely, and had no friends. This started in Elementary School. I wanted to be heard. So i'd write about myself, using very strong words like 'furious' and 'fuming' and 'revenge'. I was pretty depressed as a kid. Also, as I started to read more and more (sometimes four hours at a time without moving), I became better and better and better at writing. Even though I didn't write when I didn't have to (for school), I was always very good at it, because of the time I spent reading, and also observing and listening to the world around me, in the time that other people chose to speak or do something actually productive with their lives.
During middle school, I was pushed to write poetry and stories for my english class (my teacher was really, really great). But now, since my english class consists of mostly essays, I have to write my own stuff now, extracurricularly. Which has worked out pretty well.

please respond! Happy writing!

~Satira
"if only, if only,"
the woodpecker sighed,
"the bark on the trees
were as soft as the skies."

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:30 am
AttackOfTheFlash says...

I don't know why I started writing, but I know how.
It all started in fourth grade in English class. We were going over how to write a story, and between class work I wrote a story about a girl and her dog. It grew from there.
I wasn't a good writer. In fact, I was pretty awful. I always tried to live up to my fifth and sixth grade English teacher's expectations, but failed to do so. I kind of accepted that I was a bad writer.
Once I discovered some writing sites on the Internet during those years, I learned and grew. I thank the wonderful people of Fanfiction.net for my writing knowledge.
Now, I write because I can let out my feelings and experiences through characters, and I can escape life. Maybe that's why I started writing, I don't remember. All I can say is that I'm proud that I wrote that stupid story about a girl and her dog five years ago. Because without writing, I don't know where I would be now.
Are you living or simply existing?

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:03 am
erilea says...

Awww, all of your stories are so sweet!!! :3
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Wed May 20, 2015 8:02 pm
steampowered says...

Because I had no friends and I couldn't play with dolls forever.
I think it's only natural that I switched to the writing, big-time...
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed May 20, 2015 8:04 pm
Poopsie says...

I started writing because god was like, "Thou shalt do right."

......I guess I took that the wrong way.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sat May 30, 2015 9:51 pm
r4p17 says...

More robots stories need to be told! I decided to be the first one to step out and do so.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:57 pm
erilea says...

I started writing because I read the Percy Jackson series. <3 #UncleRick
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

Being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible. It just means that you're brave enough to stand up and do what's needed.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena