z

Young Writers Society

The Excuse Game

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:15 pm
View Likes
SARAHJO says...

Because the lake dried up so she figured she'd chill out there until someone discovered her monument.

Why are you shirtless?
-"Lets be real here. Unicorns don't exist.
-"Then you must not either."

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:03 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

My friend stole my shirt, so I put on a new one, but then my other friend needed a shirt, so I gave it away, but then my mother grabbed a third shirt from me, even though I told her not to, so then I started to cry, and decided to not wear a shirt anymore, for the rest of the day, and now I'm hiding inside my house until the day ends.
Why can't everyone be nice to each other and live online?
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:34 pm
View Likes
dragonfphoenix says...

Because the last time we tried that, Iggy got carried away and swapped everyone's avvies, and then Nate had to clean up all the bananas we started throwing (which was a waste of good bananas), but then someone thought it'd be a great idea to see what would happen if we could actually visit works while in electronic form, and someone threw all the MLP fans in the horror section, and it just did not end well.

Why hasn't everyone seen Doctor Who?
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:17 am
Dracula says...

Because their little human brains cannot handle the awesomeness.

Why didn't you swim across the ocean when you were asked to?
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

47 Reviews

Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:18 pm
View Likes
SARAHJO says...

Because I have an infectious disease that will turn anyone and anything within a 2.6 mile radius into a mutant rabbit so if I swam in the ocean all of the wild life would die!

Why is there a hole in the wall?

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:19 pm
View Likes
dragonfphoenix says...

Because when the teacher asked the engineering students to hang up a picture, and the wall was flat, they couldn't just hang it up with a nail and some wire, because that would have been too easy, and so in honor of the eternal engineering philosophy they went with the mantra "Anything you can do I can do bigger," and thus jackhammers and sledges galore appeared and they began to excavate the location at which they deigned the picture to be hung, but to make the physicists happy they had to account for their uncertainties, and being the smart alecks they were they decided to increase the uncertainty by a factor of ten to the third power, which greatly increased the radius of said hole, and it was not until the dust had settled that the engineers found it within themselves to mock the physicists for the physicists' lacking of the ability to practically apply the sciences to be of use to the average human, and the hole was left as it was as an eternal reminder to both groups as to why people should defer to the engineers when consulting scientists about practical, ordinary, every-day types of quandaries.
Spoiler! :
That is a Bulwer-Lytton if I've ever seen one. I hope that's grammatically correct, for it was a joy to pen that.

Who's idea was this?
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:34 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Gosh, I guess if you want a short version of a really long story, the answer is that this old lady named Ethel fell off her kitchen chair while cleaning her cabinets because they were way dusty, but the kitchen chair was a little wobbly--you know how it goes. Anyway, Ethel ended up in the hospital with fourteen tubes coming out of god knows where and a plastic hip. Now she goes to water disco physical therapy every Thursday night at 4pm, which really grinds her gears because she misses her dinner appointments at Harbor Inn every single week. Anyway, Ethel's granddaughter's cousin's aunt twice-removed phoned in the idea to the poster of this thread and so it was made in Ethel's memory.

Oh, I forgot. Ethel died choking on a hush puppy at Harbor Inn one night while skipping her pool disco therapy. Tragic, I know.

Why is that streetlight always flashing at night? It keeps me up!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:49 pm
r4p17 says...

I am not a procrastinator! I will get the assignment done on the schoolbus!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:12 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

I promise, the schoolbus was on fire when I got in.

Why is that fairy shouting at me to LISTEN?
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

179 Reviews

Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:10 pm
r4p17 says...

I have Ebola! I can't go to school today!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

47 Reviews

Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:18 pm
View Likes
SARAHJO says...

@r4p17 That shouldn't be something to joke about. -_-

@Lumi Because the Hero of time never taught the annoying fairy not to be repetitive with her speeches, therefore she is forever stuck with the same annoying line the Nintendo gamers have grown to love and hate.

Why is your face red?

179 Reviews

Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:32 am
r4p17 says...

Well, I do live in the U.S. so it would be a stupid excuse!

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:10 pm
erilea says...

My face is red because I wanted to color it purple and tye-dye it at a party, but it was only for t-shirts. So I went home and started painting my face red, but my mom noticed my face was ridicously red, so I had to visit the doctor. The doctor sent me home again with some water to drink but some drops accidentally hit my face and my mom realized it was just paint, got super mad, and threw all the red colored pencils and art utensils away. I then found one lone paintbrush and a pool of blood where my cat got hit in the side with a flying red paint, so I dipped the paintbrush into the pool of blood and painted my face. Then I knew I had to take a shower, so I went up and tried not to get my face wet, but it didn't work and I got furious so I rubbed my face so hard trying to get the paint that was actually semi-permanent off, and then after 4 hours of rubbing my face was red and the color\hue lasted for 24 hours.

Why are you impaled?
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

179 Reviews

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:29 pm
r4p17 says...

I'm going to go bed now because it is midnight in Shanghai

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:10 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

Well you see, I was eating breakfast with my knife and fork. I had only just gotten up and was soooo tired. I was stabbing some bread with my knife, and a Spartan across the road saw me. He must've thought I was at war with the bread and I reckon he wanted to make my victory as difficult as possible... because next thing I know he ran into the kitchen and impaled me.

Why are you holding a toad?
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus