z

Young Writers Society

The Improv Game

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:44 am
SARAHJO says...

I would have posted this on my wall, but I thought it would fit better here. So here it goes!

My English teacher says that improv writing is a great exercise to determine how creative and fluent our writing style really is. I decided to try this little game here to put our creativity to the test, so here's how this'll work.

I'll give you some imformation, and you guys have to come up with a plot from what I've given you. As far as genre goes, I really don't care! It's improv, so you guys are free to be as creative as you want because... well, that's the whole point of the game! It'll be on a rare occasion that I will stop mid-sentence and have the next person finish my thought for me (Yes,I'll be playing with you guys!). Whenever this happens, it means you get to create an unexpected plot twist! Now anyone can join at any time as this is open to everyone, but the story must be continuous unless I call for an end. Whoever posts first after I call an epilogue is the author of the ending. Now before we start, let me go over some rules.

Rule #1: All content must be appropriate for all ages. That means no swearing, blood and gore, or adult situations may be written. This is a game for all!
Rule #2: Try not to make your part extremely long. I'd say a good amount of story for each reply you make can be about ten paragraphs MAX!
Rule #3: Respect yourself and others. Criticism is accepted but please remember to be kind to your peers.
Rule #4: The story must remain in the same perspective at all times. (Character's age, name, appearance, etc., is completely up to you guys!)
Rule #5: Remember the fact that this is a story we're writing, so spelling, grammar, punctuation and structure count.
Rule #6: HAVE FUN!!! XD

Now here are the tools (information) you'll need to start.

The character is a female, and it will be taking place from THIRD PERSON PERSPECTIVE.
The story will start in the middle of the forest (Locations can change anytime, but it has to start in the forest.).
The season is autumn.

Okay, you guys ready?! Awesome, let the Improv Games begin!
-"Lets be real here. Unicorns don't exist.
-"Then you must not either."

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:15 am
Redbox275 says...

Ally stomped across the sheet of leaves at a fast rhythm, a quick pace. Her frustrations, her anger was too swelled up inside for her to relish in the bright and beautiful surroundings of the forrest.

An explosion blasting behind her couldn't distract Ally from her intense focus to get to her usual meeting spot. Finally seeing the little clearing ahead and she sped even quicker to the guy who was waiting for her.

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg