z

Young Writers Society

How to cope with schoolwork

Reviews: 4
Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:53 pm
_Anti_ says...

Right, I've just started year 10 a week ago (as in beginning GCSE's). I'm finding it frustrating to do pieces of homework and losing free time for myself. It's bad enough hating the school I go to and dreading certain lessons so now I feel really depressed. :cry:

Does anyone have tips for keeping on top of schoolwork?

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:40 pm
Galatea says...

No matter what, make it your absolute #1 priority. You're job, right now, is to be a student. You may hate it, but no one likes their job all the time, right?

Do the hard things first. Save the easy, quick, or enjoyable things until later. That way if your night gets really overwhelming, you can do a rush job on the easy stuff before class.

Talk about how you're feeling with your parents AND your teachers. Tell them you are feeling overwhelmed. Tell them why. Ask for help.

Don't procrastinate!! That includes making up things you "have to do" before you start your classwork.

Use us as a resource! Something you're already doing. We're all multi-skilled, so definitly use us!
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:55 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Use the power of SCIENCE!

If you hate your school, perhaps try to persuade your parents to let you try out different schools?

Just do your work. No other choice, really, unless you want to fail and work at McDonalds the rest of your life.

Hang in there! I know it's hard! You must fight!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:08 am
Wiggy says...

I'm in your boat! Sophomore year is soooo stressful! But I've also heard it's the best year of high school...:D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

Reviews: 4
Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:38 pm
_Anti_ says...

MisterWaffles wrote:Use the power of SCIENCE!

If you hate your school, perhaps try to persuade your parents to let you try out different schools?

Just do your work. No other choice, really, unless you want to fail and work at McDonalds the rest of your life.

Hang in there! I know it's hard! You must fight!

Can't really change schools- I had to take an entrance test to get there and I put in a lot of effort for that, so I can't change now. :(

Thank you everyone!

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:07 pm
LamaLama says...

you could.... eat your pencil. That got me out of homework for a while once, I spent some time in a house with comphy padded walls after that. Very nice. The only direction from there is up!!
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

It's Monday and you folks are beginning to wonder about the show, aren't you
— David Letterman