Young Writers Society

10 Favorites

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:19 pm
Snazzy says...

Favorite book: The Giver by Lois Lowry
Favorite author: [/b] SHEL SILVERSTEIN
Favorite quote: "How much good inside a day? Depends how you live 'em." ~Shel Silverstein ( How Many, How Much A Light in the Attic)
Favorite musician/artist/band: Don't really know if this counts, but I really love The Piano Guys! :D Oh, and Lindsey Stirling is pretty cool too. ;) :D
Favorite movie: I really like Mulan... :)
Favorite TV show: I don't watch much T.V. anymore - but as a kid (as in about 1 or 2 years ago) I watched SpongeBob and Tom and Jerry all the time. :D (When I actually have time, I'll sit down and watch a couple of SpongeBob episodes xD)
Favorite food: TACOS! :D
Favorite beverage: Definitely cold sweet tea. :D
Favorite thing to do: Play my instruments. :D (and go to band... :) )
Favorite travel destination: I enjoy our trips out to Tennessee. The scenery is beautiful out there!
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:56 am
Charm says...

Favorite book: Clockwork Prince (I don't really have a favorite but this is what I tell everyone)

Favorite author: Don't have one. So I'm going to say ME! HAHAHAHA

Favorite quote: “One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.” -Cassandra Clare

Favorite musician/artist/band: I like Liza Anne, Little May, Odessa, Melanie Martinez. Don't even get me started on kpop..... okay let's go: Nu'est, Apink, AOA, Girl's Day

Favorite movie: I don't have one

Favorite TV show: Merlin

Favorite food: Mashed potatoes or donuts

Favorite beverage: Black Tea

Favorite thing to do: Nothing. No I mean I like to do nothing. Just sit and do nothing.

Favorite travel destination: Anywhere that's not America.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:02 pm
Lavvie says...

Favourite book: Jane Eyre, any Harry Potter book

Favourite author: The Brontë Sisters or JK Rowling or Stefan Zweig

Favourite quote: "What is to give light must endure burning." - Viktor E. Frankl

Favourite musician/artist/band: Maroon 5

Favourite movie: V for Vendetta or Titanic or Silver Linings Playbook

Favourite TV show: Downton Abbey

Favourite food: Grilled shrimp

Favourite beverage: Grapefruit San Pellegrino

Favourite thing to do: Write

Favourite travel destination: Germany or Ireland

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:05 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Favourite book When Marnie was There by Joan G. Robinson

Favourite author Sigmund Freud I guess...

Favourite quote“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I’m possible.” (Audrey Hepburn)

Favourite musician/artist/band Rammstein

Favourite movie The Fountain (Darren Aronofsky)

Favourite TV ShowDon´t watch TV. YouTube Channel Journeyman Pictures

Favourite foodKaiserschmarrn

Favourite beverageJuice (Grape or selfmade juice)

Favourite thing to dowrite

Favourite travel destination:Today it would be Norway

Spoiler! :
Favourite book

Favourite author

Favourite quote

Favourite musician/artist/band

Favourite movie

Favourite TV Show

Favourite food

Favourite beverage

Favourite thing to do

Favourite travel destination:
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:11 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

This is fun ~

Favorite book: "A Small Rain" by Madeline L'Engle
Favorite author: L'Engle
Favorite quote: for today it is "We feel and know that we are eternal" - Baruch Spinoza
Favorite musician/artist/band: George Ezra, Ludovico Einaudi, Aurora, Brian Crain ...
Favorite movie: truthfully I don't really have one, I really like watching movies, but very rarely enjoy re-watching movies. Maybe "the DaVinci code" because I know a lot of random things about Leonardo daVinci and though I'm not into religious conspiracies, I do enjoy the parts they get correct, and I think those movies are very well made.
Favorite TV show: any shows with Gordan Ramsey, Catfish, Mrs. Maisel
Favorite food: French Toast
Favorite beverage: Usually I try to just stick to water or coffee :3 but if I am indulging in soda probably Cream Soda & Dr. Pepper are my favorites!
Favorite thing to do: Might sound strange, but probably giving a presentation that I know has been well constructed whether it's teaching or for work, is just a great feeling of speaking truth and order into existence and helping / connecting with people in a large scale. If we're just talking about random hobby things my favorite hobby lately is playing instruments + writing songs, I also like getting totally lost in genealogical research and finding out something new or interesting.
Favorite travel destination: anywhere with my sister; I just love being able to chat with her - I especially like going amateur hiking or going to lakes.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:13 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Favorite book: The King of Attolia - book three of the Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner
Favorite author: ... you will be entirely shocked that it's Megan Whalen Turner xD
Favorite quote: Maybe a weird one, but there's a line in One of Us by Heather Dale that goes: 'And I thought if she can do it, why not me?' It's about being a warrior so I take it completely out of context lol but still use it to both encourage me to continue to advance in a male-dominated field, as well as motivation to be a good role model for my nieces and show them what afab people can achieve.
Favorite musician/artist/band: Erghh I usually just listen to playlists of specific songs from all the artists I like, not pick a specific one haha -- ig lately I've been listening to Dream, NEFFEX, and Heather Dale most~
Favorite movie: Mulan
Favorite TV show: BBC Sherlock
Favorite food: Pizza
Favorite beverage: Coke
Favorite thing to do: Write -- in particular RP -- but if I had to pick something else then I'd say playing board games with friends
Favorite travel destination: Mexico is my favorite place I've visited!

Here's the code in case you're as lazy as I wanted to be xD

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Favorite book:[/b]
[b]Favorite author:[/b]
[b]Favorite quote: [/b]
[b]Favorite musician/artist/band:[/b]
[b]Favorite movie:[/b]
[b]Favorite TV show:[/b]
[b]Favorite food:[/b]
[b]Favorite beverage:[/b]
[b]Favorite thing to do:[/b]
[b]Favorite travel destination:[/b]

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

Random avatar

Reviews: 130
Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:19 am
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

Favorite book: All of the Lord of the Rings!
Favorite author: L.M.Montgomery
Favorite quote: "You are beautifully and wonderfully made" (The bible, it's from somewhere in the new testament)
Favorite musician/artist/band: half alive
Favorite movie: Emma (2020 version)
Favorite TV show: Anne with an E
Favorite food: Ramen
Favorite beverage: Earl Grey tea
Favorite thing to do: Reading
Favorite travel destination: (not gonna say cause that's location specific lollll)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:59 am
View Likes
NewHope says...

Favorite book: Dictionary... such big words... I think. Either the Lord of the Rings or The Shining.
Favorite author: I'd say Stephen King but I've previously enjoyed many authors as my reading level has improved, including James Patterson, Rick Riordan, David Williams etc.
Favorite quote: I have much too many... about writing: “Being a good writer is 3% talent, 97% not being distracted by the Internet.” ~ Anon
Favorite musician/artist/band: James Arthur, Ed Sheeran... whatever is on the radio...
Favorite movie: I have forgotten the name... I do remember my favourite Afrikaans movie, "Ouma Se Slim Kind". Dit was baie hartseer.
Favorite TV show: Ek dink... The Big Bang Theory. Any documentary.
Favorite food: Alles wat in my mond is. Chips... like crisps. Preferably something similar to Pringles.
Favorite beverage: Pepsi Max is my regular... as well as Oros and cold water.
Favorite thing to do: Write... read... play soccer.
Favorite travel destination: That I've been... Kruger National Park. That I want to go to... The Natural History Museum. A country I'd love to go to... Germany... maybe France or the Netherlands.

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:56 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Favorite book: Either 'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro or 'M is for Magic', a short story collection by Neil Gaiman
Favorite author: Don't really have a writer I'm reading loads from at the moment, but in my life I've read tons of Neil Gaiman short stories (including one Dr Who fanfiction, if I remember correctly).
Favorite quote: "Excellence withers without an adversary." -- Seneca
Favorite musician/artist/band:Yuki Kajiura
Favorite movie: Any one of the Kung Fu Panda trilogy.
Favorite TV show: Haven't really watched TV in ages!
Favorite food: Chocolate
Favorite beverage: Black coffee
Favorite thing to do: In my free time? Anything which is largely inconsequential.
Favorite travel destination: A lake my family used to visit when my Dad had to go outstation for various work things. We'd ride swan-shaped boats, which were operated by foot pedal.

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Favorite book:[/b]
[b]Favorite author:[/b]
[b]Favorite quote:[/b]
[b]Favorite musician/artist/band:[/b]
[b]Favorite movie:[/b]
[b]Favorite TV show:[/b]
[b]Favorite food:[/b]
[b]Favorite beverage:[/b]
[b]Favorite thing to do:[/b]
[b]Favorite travel destination:[/b]
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:36 am
View Likes
NewHope says...

Favourite Time Of The Day For Writing: Early Morning
Swan Queen's little sister in-law/caretaker since 2022

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes