z

Young Writers Society

Wikipedia Game!

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:38 am
Ohio Impromptu says...

I wasted most of a human biology lesson yesterday doing this, and I thought it was pretty fun, so I thought at least one other person in this universe might.

Right, first go to wikipedia. [url]en.wikipedia.org[/url] <-a helpful link.
Now, go to the article about Adolf Hitler (always a good place to start). Now the whole point of the game is to get to another completely unrelated article by clicking the little blue links in the article. You are not allowed to press 'back', type anything in the search box, or leave the site (obviously). You have to get to the article I suggest with the least amount of articles visited in between.

We'll make it so that once you do it, state how many clicks it took to get from article A to article B, and then suggest the next article. Eg. I say go from Hitler to custard, then the next person will say that they got there in X amount of clicks and for the next person to get from custard to plate tectonics. Savvy?

Right, first we'll go from Adolf Hitler to unicycle.

Commence!
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:16 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I did it! *dances* There were five articles between hitler and unicycle. Do I get to pick one now? From...unicycle to curry.

I like this game!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:34 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Ach nein, I drop my stroodel.

Ahem...Hitler imitation.

But I went from Adolf, to Vienna Art Institute, to watercolors, to china, to gunpowder.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:50 pm
View Likes
David Guinness says...

Fun game!

I finished Matt's!!! Unicycle>Ultimate Wheel>Bunny Hop>San Francisco>Chocolate>Chile Pepper>Curry Tree>Curry! (Seven clicks.)

Now... Curry to Strobe Lights. :twisted:
David Guinness

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
— Ernest Hemingway