z

Young Writers Society

Complete that story

Reviews: 0
Sun May 04, 2014 8:45 pm
Sussano says...

So, I'm currently in Oxford, and I had this line stuck in my head. I decided to write it down and it became a beginning for a story. The problem is, I don't really have any idea how to continue it, so I figured it could be a nice game.
It goes like this - I post the first few lines, and then you add up to it. It could be a sentence, a paragraph, a word, whatever, and it could be funny or serious. Just keep the story going and let's see what we can collectively get to.

so here goes:

It was a beautiful and warm spring day in Oxford. Much too warm to wear a long black coat and smoke a cigar, in fact, but Johnny didn't care, he loved his long black coat and his cigar. They were currently holding the dubious title of his best friend and second best friend. And besides, they fit just fine with his long black hair and smoky eyes, or so he liked to believe. He did, however, sweat quite a bit, rushing through High Street.
Damn tourists, he thought to himself while puffing a cloud of smoke, they’re like rats. He did not consider the fact that he was the only one on that street even remotely resembling a rat. He had more important things to do, and nothing, not even sweat or damn tourists, would stop him.
In Johnny’s defense, the street was quite busy. Tourists and locals alike celebrated the fine Saturday morning, the first sunny Saturday in a long while, by shopping their wallets dry.

If it wasn't for poetry, I couldn't express myself.
— Rosendorn