z

Young Writers Society

What's your favorite video game?

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:44 am
deleted17 says...

What's your favorite video game? I have two :Fable 2 and Bioshock Infinite.

Fable 2: Well, awesome story line and great game play. I love the characters! <3 Has great quest and the fighting is spectacular!

Bioshock Infinite: I fell for advertising. :( BUT, it had a great combat and the Sky Hook! I LOVE THE SKY HOOK! BEST ROLLER COASTER SIMULATION. The ending will have you confused but the DLC's are going to be great!

Those are mine, what are yours? :D
Have your chin up, and speak up.Otherwise, nothing will get done.And what you need to say, will never be heard.Just be confident in what you say, and stand by it

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:12 am
Stori says...

Morrowind all the way. No other game offers as much depth- people, places, faction and best of all, choice.

Without spoiling anything, I'll say that you can follow the main plot, join a guild or just see the sights.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:16 am
veeren says...

Though I've never played it, The Last of Us is simply brilliant. The story is great and the gameplay entertaining enough.

It is definitely worth a try.
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:50 am
Love says...

Silent hill 2... Such an amazing story, and atmosphere... I seriously wish I could forget everything about it just to play it anew.
I was Amareth :)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:51 am
KatKage says...

Well, I've played Halo since I was about 8 or 9 so it has a special place in my heart. So do Knights of the Old Republic 2 and Jade Empire; two of my first single player games :3

Two other favorites are Portal 1 + 2, which are AWESOME AMAZING o3o (*Loves the mind games/puzzles plus the awesome plots/characters XD*)

and Final Fantasy XIII o3o The first game I purchased myself with my own money. It was like a Book that you played through o3o You couldn't change the story/explore much, but I don't care about that; it is amazing for what it is o3o *Awesome Amazing Graphics/Storyline/Plot Twists/Character/Character Developments o3o*

And yeah, I think the Last of Us seems awesome too X3 However I don't have a Play Station so I can't say for sure '':3 *Will get one ASAP though XD*
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:17 am
Dreamery says...

I have two. Minecraft and Spec Ops: The Line.

Minecraft, because the possibilities are limitless, to what you can do. The only limit is your imagination. Also, you can play with others across the world, or across the room! And, you can play by yourself.

Spec Ops: The Line is an amazing shooter game. It's definitely better than most generic FPS games, out there. Unlike those, this game focuses around a specific group of characters, and on a specific location; a Dubai ravaged by a freak sandstorm. Your decisions effect the end of the game, but they also give you something to think about, as the player. For those of you who have played the game, we all know that during that White Phosphorous scene made us have to put down the controller, and walk out of the room.

65 Reviews

Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:38 am
deleted17 says...

If I still had a play station I would sure as heck buy The Last of Us. I watched a guy play online. XD He died so many times! And if you do decide to play it, watch out for the Bloaters.

Portal: I've heard of it, just never thought about it.

Minecraft: It seems pretty decent.

Final Fantasy: I LOVE THAT GAME. I used to play it on Game Boy Advance.

Halo: I've heard a lot of stuff about, but never gave it a second thought.

Silent Hill... Well Silent Hill is- Silent Hill. But it gave me nightmares once. *shudders*

I have no idea what other games you're talking about. Sorry. :0)
Have your chin up, and speak up.Otherwise, nothing will get done.And what you need to say, will never be heard.Just be confident in what you say, and stand by it

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:06 am
DiskElemental says...

Bastion.

An unparalleled blend of comfortable, yet fresh, gameplay and thought-provoking story.
A man without a plan, or anything else for that matter. (Except a review thread).

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:00 am
View Likes
Sean says...

Ocarina of Time was and still remains a masterpiece in that it not only succeeds in every aspect of its design, but triumphs in them. It is pretty much without flaw

65 Reviews

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:29 am
deleted17 says...

Sean wrote:Ocarina of Time was and still remains a masterpiece in that it not only succeeds in every aspect of its design, but triumphs in them. It is pretty much without flaw

Isn't that a manga series? Wait no. Sorry. Wrong thing. I'm thinking about something else. *Bows* So sorry

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:00 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

'K so I might be completly off, but I don't care... These are my fav games, and why I consider them as such. Get ready.

-Crash Bash. First video game I ever played. This party game is simply the definition of having fun while destroying opponents. The adventure mode is extremely challenging, and the mini-games are just so much fun... I mean riding the back of a polar bear to push 3 enemies off the platforms? YES. JUST YES. And don't get me started on the Power-ups.

-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2. Only game that ALMOST made me cry, simply because of the incredible story, suspense and mind-blowing revelations (especially for a Pokemon game). Besides (SPOILERS ALERT),
Spoiler! :
the fact that you actually disappear yourself and have to see your best friend's reaction to it rather than seeing HIM/HER disappear is very sorrowful, especially with the awesome music playing the background.

-Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and Skylanders Giants (draw) With a few others, those are two of the games that really made me feel I was on a journey, and a funny one on top of that. I loved the first one for its final boss (fought him countless times JUST to hear his awesome evil quotes), and the second one is overall better. Adventure, durability, difficulty... It's just better.

- Crash CTR. Second game of my life, RIGHT after Crash Bash. This is a Mario Kart clone, but really fun and worth playing. Musics, gameplay, style, everything was done in a good and enjoyable way. Ah, the good times...

- Super Smash Bros Melee. I'm surprised nobody put that one up, it's like hands down one of the best fighting game ever created. No joke. I've played this game for years with my brother, I still have it and I could spend hours talking about awesome moments we had together.

- Super Mario Sunshine. Phantamanta is, to this day, one of my favorite video game boss ever, simply because of its originality (you don't expect fighting a shadowy manta ray with a creepy/weird music in a Mario game now do you? And you don't expect it to divide into up to 64 little version of herself do you? Oh, and you also have to kill them all. Good luck).

- Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. Underrated game, awesome quality, challenging, and the musics... Have you ever heard of Miror B? If you haven't go to Youtube and search for Miror B's battle theme. You won't believe your ears.

- Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga. Just... Yes. Everything about this rpg is great. First legendary Mario RPG game I've played, enjoyed... And to this day never finished. *cries in shame*

Those are essencially the games I feel the most nostalgic about, the games that I would play again and again tirelessly, even years after their releases (I still own and play Crash Bash and CTR).

Honorable mentions would be Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc, Disgaea, Mario Strikers Charged Football, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Galaxy (1 and 2), Portal 2, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Starfox Adventures, Soul Calibur 2... There quite a good lot of games I've enjoyed.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

Reviews: 1
Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:49 am
Monstrocker says...

+ JRPGS are my all-time favorite!

* Rogue Galaxy- Very underrated game. It's a space pirate game, where you venture out deep in space. The gameplay is so fun and the characters are very interesting to get into.
One of the downsides of Rogue Galaxy is that the dungeon layout (it's pretty bad). HOWEVER! This game is so beautiful :pirate3:

* Wild Arms- Very very old game. The whole series is so beautiful. Its a western-base RPG~

* Xenosaga Trilogy- The Xenosaga Trilogy is emotionally impacting. The story
is very engaging [plus it tears me down so much]

Other favorites-

* Shin Megami Tensei
* Pokemon series [Pokemon XY is so easy. So wow.]
* Touhou series
* Suikoden series
* Disgaea

etc etc etc.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:37 am
Alvarin says...

The first video game I ever played was Sly 2 Band of Thieves, and it's still one of my all time favorites. I was ridiculously happy when I heard they're going to make a movie :3
Anyway, some other favorites if the Uncharted games, The Last of Us (because yay Naughty Dog), L.A Noir, Heavy Rain, Oblivion, Skyrim.. I like most newer PS3 games, really. I also have a love for old games that I played as a kid, Pink Panther - Passport to Peril being one of the favorites. In Sweden we also have a kid's show each christmas with 24 episodes (since we celebrate christmas the 24th) that is always made into a simple little game, and all 24 parts of it has to be unlocked with different codes that are given after each episodes. I still have several of those games from my childhood, and I play at least one ever christmas. Last, but definitely not least, I have to mention the Harry Potter games, especially 1,2, 5 and 6. Sadly I though the last two sucked, but the first two Harry Potter games, as well as the fifth and sixth, were wonderful!
Anyway, I'm sure there are a lot of more games, but those are the ones that comes to mind.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri May 02, 2014 7:51 pm
deleted5 says...

Minecraft has to be my number one just cause I play it the most and I never get bored! The possibilities are limitless and it's always fun to play with randomers or your friends!

One less know one was a game called Little Big Planet. It's basically a sandbox game where you can create more games or levels! It has such a great community and it was the first game that really opened my eyes to the huge gaming community! Some of the levels on it where, in my opinion, showed greater talent than some really really good games! I would urge you too pick it up but it's a big lost now.

A mention for The Last of Us. Would love to play it but "I'm too young". I saw the whole thing on Youtube and I nearly cried. It's great :,(
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri May 02, 2014 7:52 pm
deleted5 says...

@Alvarin I totally loved the 5th harry potter game <3
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

I'm officially making it my goal in life to become a roomba. I want to be little robot. I want knives taped to me. I want to be free.
— TheMulticoloredCyr