Young Writers Society

What is the Best Movie you have seen...

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:45 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

[deleted]
Last edited by deleted30 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon May 05, 2014 1:31 pm
Brunnera says...

Well, mine would be The Last Stand because the plot was something I've never been exposed to. It excited me because it wasn't like the other action/adventure movies I've watched. It had a balance between the talking and the action. It's been my favorite for quite some time now.
The Last Stand was also quite violent, but too much of it until it made me sick. The twist and turns were endless in the movie. I really loved it. :D

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Thu May 08, 2014 4:12 pm
View Likes
JohnLocke1 says...

I have many favorite movies, but I think I shall pick Amadeus. This film is beautiful on so many levels. First, the score is absolutely brilliant. A combination of Mozart's compositions and Salieri's music, it truly reaches audiences in a way that other music could never hope to. As soon as I heard the first chord, I was drawn in completely.

Second, the story itself is absolutely gorgeous. The depth at which the writers managed to portray both Salieri and Mozart was incredible. It is not only a story of jealousy and ego; it is a story of overcoming the influences of others and bursting forth, no matter the obstacles. The charm, charisma, and zeal that Mozart exudes is a shield, and Salieri manages to see that. However, we never see into Mozart's mind. We only see his weaker shell.

Third, it is shot wonderfully. The cinematography is beyond anything that I had expected. As the watcher is navigated through a series of operas and performances, a whole world is constructed flawlessly. The costumes. The hair. The makeup. The setting. It is all just perfect.

I would recommend this movie to anyone looking for an interesting watch. You will not regret it.
"To prejudge other men's notions before we have looked into them is not to show their darkness but to put out our own eyes." - John Locke

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:07 am
View Likes
Purple says...

Definitely my favorite movie has to be The Breakfast Club! Being an avid movie watcher as I do say so myself, The Breakfast Club is a novel for movie-watchers. For the type of person that might not be used to having such depth reached in a movie, The Breakfast Club will rock their world with breaking stereotypes and addressing most if not all the issues you wish were talked about more in high school. Not only that, but it proves that with the amount of relatability that it received that high schoolers have the ability to comprehend more than adults may assume. It's just the best.

~Purple

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu May 14, 2015 8:09 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Dirty Dancing, for sure.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

163 Reviews

Reviews: 163
Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:19 pm
Mysticalxx says...

I havent seen many movies, and of the few I've seen, I liked many of them.
However, the one that actually moved me was:

The Karate Kid: This movie ( the African Kid one ) gave me such a strong sense of inspiration that I had to watch it again, and AGAIN. That part that touched me was how the kid was able to overcome his difficulties not through violence and outright revenge, but through careful planning and self-control. I also liked how confidence and character improvement was stressed upon. And most of all, I liked the quote by Jackie Chan ''Life will knock us down, but we can choose whether or not to get back up.''

I've watches some other movies which were funny, but didn't touch me in the way the Karate Kid did.
We all want to be different, which makes us all the same.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:51 am
drflapjack says...

The best movie for me has to be Inception. This movie resonated with me from the very first time I saw it in theatre. It's a about a thief who has the rare ability to enter people's dreams and steal their secrets from their subconscious. . Dom has lost his family and really his sanity.
Dom gets a chance at redemption when he is offered a seemingly impossible task: Plant an idea in someone's mind. In this case Dom(the main character and thief) must gather a group of architects and thieves to take down the son of the ceo of one of the wealthiest companies. If he succeeds, it will be the perfect crime, but a dangerous enemy anticipates Dom's every move.
Sorry for the huge summary, but it's just so good! Leonardo Dicaprio, Tom Hardy, Ellen Page, and Joseph Gordon Levitt are in it which makes it even better!

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:45 am
Sujana says...

"Mr. Pip". It not only presented a unique idea, but didn't center entirely on the Obligatory White Male Actor, despite sometimes going there--I just loved it.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

Reviews: 4
Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:32 pm
Keralix says...

Bride of Frankenstein
Seven Samurai
Army of Darkness
Django Unchained
Thank you for Smoking

I couldn''t decide which one was favorite (they are so different).

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:16 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind -- still uncontested.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

Random avatar

Reviews: 75
Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:28 pm
MeisterChan says...

The Nightmare Before Christmas. I love almost all of Tim Burton's films but this has to be my favourite! The animation style is amazing and the music has to be some of the best scoring I've seen within film and television, it's so dark and eerie and made the film as great as it is!

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue May 23, 2017 4:48 am
deleted868 says...

I really like Stardust, Ella Enchanted, the Perks of Being a Wallflower, the Fault in Our Stars, Almost Famous, Sweeney Todd, and Sleepy Hollow, but there's way more that I really enjoy.
Hey! I hope your day's been swell, and if not, there's always time for it to get better. See ya!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:41 pm
EKK15 says...

Closet Monster is the best movie I've ever seen. It's just a heartbreaking, beautiful, tragic, wonderfully made film. It talks about family, sexuality, and growing up in general.

A close second would be Boyhood which is a bit similar, as it follows a boy throughout 18 years of his life.

Give these 2 a watch. You won't regret it!

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:30 am
aulyasela3597 says...

Lady Bird
The Shape of Water
The Breadwinner
The Incredibles 2
Jurrasic World 2 : The Fallen Kingdom
Marvel's Infinity War
A Quiet Place

I couldn't decide which one was my favorite! They're all great :D