z

Young Writers Society

Wicked the Musical

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:13 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

I watched it yesterday. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?

I would give it 10000000000/10.

It was soooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!
Signature Pending

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:13 am
View Likes
halogirl4197 says...

I LOVE that musical! The singing was amazing and I loved the idea about how the witch wasn't REALLY a bad person! It just blew me away! XD
Remember me for who I am, Not for who I was

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:03 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Same!!!!!!! xD
Signature Pending

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:56 am
RedBird says...

Wicked is one of my all-time favorites...Has anyone read the books? They're really, really different from the musical, but good all the same!
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

Reviews: 2
Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:20 pm
LoveStrykes says...

Why do you like it? I've never seen it nor have I read the books, but I'd like to know why people like the musical so much.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:32 pm
KyleTheGreat13 says...

Some of the best music ever written!

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:09 am
BelarusBirdy says...

My family and I went to see it in Chicago. It's amazing!!!!!!!! :D I love it! I love at the end of "Defying Gravity" when she flies up in the air. It was so awesome! I listen to the music all the time!!!!!!
A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes. I screamed aloud as it tore through them and now it's left me blind.
Florence and the Machine, Cosmic Love

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:17 am
LiverTeaTime says...

I can't say I've ever seen the musical itself in person, but I do enjoy the novel of it. Well, I mean, what I've read of it so far. I'm about halfway through, around there? I'll be honest, there are parts that were hard to follow, but eventually I caught up. From what I have seen of the musical (Youtube clips, ect...), they differ quite a bit. Glinda/Galinda isn't nice as what she seems to be in the musical...from what I've seen anyway.
As I committed my crimes in a darkened room
A bird flew by, and saw what I'd done, it set up a nest outside.
And he sang about what I'd become...sang so loud, sang so clear.
I was afraid all the neighbors would hear.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:44 am
NovemberNovelist says...

Wicked the Musical is my favorite musical. I love the story and the characters. Elphaba might be my all time favorite character from any work of fiction. The songs are very uplifting and fun to listen to. I've listen to Defying Gravity literally hundreds of times. The plot is pretty engaging too, both times I saw it I got very caught up in it.

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:23 pm
goalfish100 says...

Hey there!

Yes I would agree that Wicked is second to none. It is the best musical I have ever seen. One of the reasons being I never knew what it was about before I went to see it although I was aware that it had something to do with the wizard of oz.

The plot was just fantastic. The idea created that in fact Glinda was the bad witch and Elphaba was the good one really twisted the whole Wizard of Oz story around and made you think that everything is not as it seems.

In terms of the acting, it was fantastic and the voices were magnificent. I would definatly recommend it to anyone who hasn't actually seen it yet!

akdsjfh you know that feeling where you start writing a scene but then you get bored with the scene so you move on and start writing a different scene and then you get bored with that scene so you move on to an entirely different WIP and then you get bored with that so you move on-
— AceassinOfTheMoon