z

Young Writers Society

Hot Lunch

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:18 pm
shiney1 says...

Spoiler! :
My reviews will not tell you most of the story details or the ending, so if you want to read the book for yourself you can enjoy it.

Spoiler! :

I recently read a book titled Hot Lunch, and I have to say that it was very interesting...

Book Type: Fiction, Chapter book

Point of View: First person

Book Length: Medium

Attention Grabber: Not much, you just have to keep reading.

Read Satisfaction: 10/10

The book starts out slow with our narrator, Molly, in class. She is basically the melancholy type who likes to keep to herself and has a darker outlook on life. She gets paired with the new blonde girl, Cassie, to do a little class project, but shrugs her off and as a result they both fail. Molly ignores Cassie, even though Cassie is very polite and friendly, and then things go sour. They start a food fight in the lunchroom and as a result have to take control of the lunchroom themselves until they can satisfy the rest of the student body with their meals.
This book made me grateful for my own school food, believe it or not, because you will not believe what can be served in this book. There are some shocking twists, a bit of suspense, and a whole lot of feeling. Plus some real recipes for you too try like chocolate cake. This book also gave me greater insight and awareness as to what we put in our bodies.
I would not advise you read this if you gag easily or cannot get used to Molly's melancholy behavior.

So, overall, it was a great read and I would definitely recommend this book.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ shiney1 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:29 pm
SmylinG says...

At first when I started reading this, I was starting to feel like it wasn't much of a review. The whole first paragraph seemed like a little synopsis of what the book was about. Then you gave a smaller paragraph that seemed like the actual review part.

I think this would be better if you elaborate a little further on your review of the book rather than have that whole first paragraph blind the reader of your review. Because once I got to the second paragraph, I was like, "Oh, okay. Here we go now." ;) Your thoughts I think are the most important things to be mentioned. Not the description of what the book is about. Mold that in along with your review instead of having them be such two distinct pieces. Alter that a bit and I think you should be good.

A few nitpicks:

They start a food fight in the lunchroom(,) Comma and as a result(,) Comma have to take control of the lunchroom. . .

Plus some real recipes for you (to) try(,) Comma like chocolate cake.

Also, place a space between paragraphs. It makes thing a lot clearer to read that way. Nice job, but I really think this could be further elaborated. :) Build onto it just a little bit more. Nice work.
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl