King Arthur: Dragon's Child

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:31 pm
TedusCloud says...

A review of:
King Arthur: Dragon's Child
by MK Hume

If anyone is a fanatic of Arthurian legend like I am you will definitely like this - it's the tale of King Arthur as pieced together from history with a slight twist. The wording is clear, the sentences slightly complex but easy to follow. The author's vocabulary is vast and oftentimes, one would have to use a dictionary to look up some rarely used words. The legend is followed closely - there is no hint to Merlin's magic or Dragons or Excalibur - however, with a first person narrative the tale never borders on a historical account. It's enthralling and extremely interesting to see how the legends developed from this historically accurate version of the tale.

Apparently, the author decided to write this book when she came across documentation of Guinevere's grave and on it there was written "Here lies Guinevere, Second wife to King Arthur." None of the legends ever mentioned a first wife, and so Hume imagines Arthur's first wife - a girl called Gallia who comes to visit Sir Kay/Caius' wife while she is expecting.

It is a fantastic read and I recommend it to anyone who has the slightest of interest in the Arthurian Legends - and if you have no interest shame on you :P
Pieces of People: 42,044 words. Only 57,956 to go :D

Some call me a legacy, others call me a hero. But I assure you, dear admirers, I am only human.
— Persistence