z

Young Writers Society

Christy Miller

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:04 pm
Ktg17 says...

*Ok, I'll try not to say too much about the books so as not to ruin them for anyone who has not read them, but in short here is a little bit about them.*

Christy Miller is a christian girl's series about a girl named Christy and her friends, Todd, Doug, Katie, Tracy, and many others. Christy lives on a small farm in Wisconsin, but the summer she turns 14 she goes and stays with her rich Aunt Marti and Uncle Bob in Newport Beach, California. Here she meets Todd, the handsome surfer boy who teaches Christy about his love for God and Jesus Christ. He opens her eyes and helps her think about God in a whole new way. She also meets Doug, Todd's friend who is funny and has a love for the word "Awesome", Tracy, who becomes a close friend of Christy, and many others.

The books include adventure, romance, and friendship and many twists and turns. They are by the author Robin Jones Gunn and there are 4 volumes with 3 books in each volume, as well as 3 books entitled, "Christy and Todd: the college years" that continue Chrity and Todd's adventure through college and the rest of their live's. I highly reccomend these books to any girl out there who is looking to further her relationship with God and Jesus, or is just looking for a good read. I give it 5 stars! PM me if you have any questions or reply to this post.

Has anyone else ever read them? PM me or reply to this post if you have so we can discuss it!
Even if you see in black and white, think in color...

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien