z

Young Writers Society

The Lost hero

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:17 am
darkangel_05 says...

So, I am keeping myself busy with a new book I'm sharing with a friend. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. Although I didn't read the Percy Jackson series, this is definitely its continuation. I love this BOOK!!!!!
Sometimes B sharp,
Never B flat,
Always B natural.

I love writing songs and listening to music and books and daydreaming and coffee at five in the morning.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:20 am
NewDivides says...

I LOVE the Lost Hero! :D
It's a shame you didn't read the Percy Jackson Series, it is one of the best series ever. ^^
Good luck with your book, I'd really like to see what you and your friend come up with!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:44 pm
DylanRay says...

What book is this? Never seen it before. I only saw the Percy Jackson series at the book shop that day. And also lots and lots of Harry Potter series...
Eat Pray Love. A must read book. A must watch movie. A must for every woman.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:00 am
ScriptGuy says...

On page 239 or so (even though I bought it like a moth ago), & you've gotta read Percy Jackson! Beats Harry Potter by a 10000000000000000000 points.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:10 pm
Eavn says...

First i sadly have to disagree by saying harry potter kills percy jackson :!: :!: :!: but none the less percy jackson was a great series and i believe it esential if you want to understand some of the refercenes in lost heroe. now for the book we are actually here about The lost heroe. when i started i was disapointed because i believed that rick riordan reused his plotline with a little bit more conflicts but as it continued on i became happier with the novell. it ended great and if you can make it past the introduction stage then it is defineatly a work of art. :smt002

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:19 pm
LadySpark says...

OMG, that was the best book ever!

But it made me cry that Percy might have forgotten AnnaBeth and MIGHT kiss another girl!!!!!!!!IT's torturing! I can't wait until next fall!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:53 pm
Eavn says...

I know and i cant wait to find out what life is like at the other camp. the next one is son of neptune so that means it has to be percy, right? and if so are we just going to repeat the same story line of how someone doesnt have his memories and giants are going to rule the land so he has to stop them even while trying to get his memories back. I hope not because that would be very borring if you ask me. :) but who knows maybe he will do something to blow us out of the water

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:16 pm
Dragonet says...

At first I was disappointed; I mean it wasn't as funny, and it was in second person, and it didn't feel like the main characters had a real life, so it was hard to get into it. But then I read the last chapter and I was like "OMG, THIS IS BRILLIANT!"

I can not wait until the next book comes out! I hope they produce the first two chapters of the novel on the internet like they did for the last one (though they probably won't). I am also worried that Percy will fall in love with another girl.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:20 pm
armstronge says...

You should read the Percy Jackson series. It'll definitely help, because lots of old characters form the Percy Jackson series are in the Lost Hero. It's really good though. I can't wait for the next book. But it comes out in like the summer of 2011, I think.

Who do you think are the 7 heros? If Jason, Leo, and Piper are three and there's bound to be some that are Roman... I think Percy might be one, but I also don't think so. He was the main character in the Percy Jackson series, so it kinda defeats the purpose of a new series if he's going to be the main character. So I don't really know.

I love his books though! They have lots of humor in them and great ideas. Can't wait for the second book! :D

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:47 pm
Dragonette says...

No, Percy will be one of the seven. He has to be because he's the "leader" of the greek demi-gods, just like Jason is the leader of the Roman ones. He has to be there to make the peace between the two camps, remember?
But if Percys there, then Annabeth has to be there, which only leaves two more people.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

50 Reviews

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:35 pm
armstronge says...

Yeah, the two are probably going to be Roman ones. Cause Percy, Annabeth, Leo, and Piper are all Greek demigods, so they need Roman demigods other than Jason.
And that's what I thought too. Percy must be one of th seven, cause he's the leader of the Greek camp.
“To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world”

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:19 am
HostofHorus says...

I'm reading this right now, and like all of his books, it is great. Fast paced, fun, just overall amazing! I am kind of disappointed with whoever his editor was on this one though.... I have found like 30 mistakes through about 200 pages.... 3 on one page even.... So Yeah, I don't know what happened there...
HostofHorus Author, Poet, Dreamer, and Expressionist.
http://JRSStories.com
Stories Poems © As of January 1st 2014

Need a review? Feel free to ask me! :)

50 Reviews

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:06 pm
armstronge says...

You found 30 mistakes?! I didn't see a single one! But people can easily over look a simple mistake. We won't spoil the ending for you then. But it's really good! :D
“To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world”

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”

One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World