z

Young Writers Society

Villette by Charlotte Brontë

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:59 am
Ranger Hawk says...

I know this is a bit of a long shot, because no one has seemingly heard of this novel, but I thought I'd post about it anyway.

Villette is hands-down one of my favorite books. Every time I read it, I enjoy it more and more. I think the biggest draw for me is how similar I find I am to Lucy. Almost everything she discusses I agree with; there have been times where I've read something that's made me say, "That's what I was thinking!" Her personality, thought process, everything--they parallel mine exactly.

The only part I don't like is the ambiguity of the ending. I grew quite attached to Monsieur Paul Emanuel. :\

So. Have you read this novel, and what were your thoughts?
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:54 am
Calligraphy says...

I love Charlotte Brontë, but have not heard of this! *requests from library* :D

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:05 pm
Blackrose says...

I have to say that it's kind of creepy how common you at the character seem. Is she described how you look because that would be even wierder!
I love books written around the Bronte Sister's time, but i have never heard of this one. I'll definatly get it from my local library next time i'm in there!

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:03 am
Ranger Hawk says...

Blackrose wrote:I have to say that it's kind of creepy how common you at the character seem. Is she described how you look because that would be even wierder!

Haha nope, unless you count that she's described as "plain." Other than that, I believe she's a white woman with brown hair...whereas I'm Asian, and naturally have black hair. (:
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:48 pm
lele253isme says...

I love Charlotte Bronte's works. I am now reading Jane Eyre and I am in love with the book. I love the feeling it moves you into. The way you can connect with her characters. I also love the men figures in it. I love it soo much. I can hradly put it down at night. did you read it.

Shady's wall is now the Randomosity forum in a nut shell
— alliyah