No votes
Other
14%

Total votes : 7

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:59 pm
Tessitore says...

I think that THE MOST popular thing that Neil Gaiman has ever done was the Sandman graphic novel collection, but just for kicks and giggles...

Why do you like Neil Gaiman?

Which is your favorite book? And why?

I'm making this into a poll, too. Oh, how daring.

And for those of you who haven't read any Neil Gaiman--here is where we will pimp him to you. Because he is awesome and you need to read all his books--NOW.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:02 am
iced.cappuchino says...

I've read Neverwhere (AMAZING BOOK!), American Gods and Stardust (half, because one of my friends ran off with it before I could finish it.)

My favorite so far would be Neverwhere. I love the Marquis. ^__^

I also read Good Omens. Which is Neil Gaiman AND Terry Prachett, two-in-one goodness. :)

103 Reviews

Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:21 pm
Tessitore says...

Neverwhere was the first actual book of his that I read. My mother got sick of seeing the Sandman comics, wondered what the big deal was and, since she can't stand comics, bought Neverwhere and American Gods. She finished Neverwhere and handed it to me, and I read it, and I loved it. Though Door is too cool for words, the Marquis is AWESOME. I love him.

*read Sandman* some Libraries carry them (mine do) if you don't want to dish out $20 for one. Or you can always just find a corner in your local Barnes & Noble or Borders and pretend you're interested in buying and just read it there. if you like any of his books, you'll love Sandman. Guarantee it.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

Random avatar

Reviews: 92
Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:19 am
lin night says...

Of the Sandman saga I've read Preludes & Nocturnes, The Doll's House, and Brief Lives. Honestly, every collection I read blows me away. The issue titled "24 Hours" from Book 1 - which featured images of normal everyday people driving nails into each other's hands while lathering out confessions, people who eventually kill each other after partaking in a minor orgy - in particular has stuck with me. Some of the ideas Gaiman came up were simply ingenious. He wasn't afraid to broach taboo subjects or show graphic violence, making arcs like the serial killer convention in Book 2 even more shocking and brilliant.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:59 pm
Rei says...

I've never actually read much of his work, but I loved what little that I have. you know, little bits in anthologies, and things. I think North American culture doesn't have much respect for comics, though. I like that we're catching up with Japan, though. I mean, the Toronto Public Library has comics now. I find that very cool.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:03 pm
Bobo says...

I've never read any of his books, but I've met him and got his signature, so booyah!!! He and David somethingorother made a crazy movie called Mirror Mask, and my video class saw the first showing of it (before the premiere!) and they came and talked to us. It's so trippy! You'd probably love it. It's like my favorite movie now. So yeah, look out for it. You can search for it online if you want. So yeah, Neil Gaiman is awesome.

Random avatar

Reviews: 92
Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:14 am
lin night says...

Bobo wrote:I've never read any of his books, but I've met him and got his signature, so booyah!!! He and David somethingorother made a crazy movie called Mirror Mask, and my video class saw the first showing of it (before the premiere!) and they came and talked to us. It's so trippy! You'd probably love it. It's like my favorite movie now. So yeah, look out for it. You can search for it online if you want. So yeah, Neil Gaiman is awesome.

I'm jealous.

103 Reviews

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:52 am
Tessitore says...

lin night wrote:
Bobo wrote:I've never read any of his books, but I've met him and got his signature, so booyah!!! He and David somethingorother made a crazy movie called Mirror Mask, and my video class saw the first showing of it (before the premiere!) and they came and talked to us. It's so trippy! You'd probably love it. It's like my favorite movie now. So yeah, look out for it. You can search for it online if you want. So yeah, Neil Gaiman is awesome.

I'm jealous.

So am I. Damn you.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:53 pm
Rei says...

I've just read Coraline. Not bad, though I prefer is short stories and poetry.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

163 Reviews

Reviews: 163
Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:48 am
Mysticalxx says...

I love Neil Gaiman books! Especially Coraline and Ella Enchanted. Both are so good.
We all want to be different, which makes us all the same.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:18 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Yikes that's some serious necromancy. *blinks*

Seeing as this thread's been resurrected, I have to say that The Graveyard Book is my favourite Neil Gaiman book (that I've read so far, anyway). Which I actually think wasn't published when the poll was made, so that's why it's not on there - I was slightly outraged at first. I'm not sure if TGB's a kid's book or for the younger end of YA, but it's a really lovely story, and one of my all-time favourite stories. Bod is absolutely beautiful.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:02 am
Lightsong says...

I can't understand the appeal of Neil Gaiman. I tried reading The Graveyard Book but it just didn't make sense to me. ;-; I think there's something wrong with me...
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:54 pm
steampowered says...

I must confess, it took me some time to get into Neil Gaiman's writing, as it were. My all-time favourite has to be Coraline. I loved the book, although it absolutely terrified me when I first read it!
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

"There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts."
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart