z

Young Writers Society

The Heroin Diaries- By Nikki Sixx

Random avatar

Reviews: 43
Thu May 27, 2010 12:47 am
DisturbedDisorder says...

Let me just start out by telling those of you who don't know who Nikki Sixx is. Nikki Sixx is the bassist of the band Motley Crue. If you don't know who Motley Crue is...I can't really help you.

The Heroin Diaries was an extremely touching story, and I think I cried a couple times while reading it. Basically, it's Nikki Sixx's journals from when he was addicted to pretty much everything, but especially heroin. It includes harsh interviews from people who were with him while he was going through this so that you even get multiple perspectives on his addiction.

When I first picked it up, I didn't know what to expect. I am a Motley Crue fan, so I know what their attitude is like, but I still wasn't sure. As soon as I started reading it, though, I couldn't stop. Nikki describes it as "A year in the life of a shattered rock star," but it's more than that.

I have friends who are druggies. I'll admit that. After reading this book and realizing just how much this stuff can mess up your life, I shared it with my friends. After that, they've been trying hard to stop.

It can also be a motivational thing for people who are addicted and think there is no hope. Nikki Sixx actually died. They brought him back to life within seconds, but he still died and came back. If he can make it through that and end up alive and clean, then anyone can.

And as for me, a person who has never done these things, I'm sure I never will now. Anyways, you can probably see that I'm only 13. This book was way not appropriate for my age, but I read it anyway. It had pictures that were almost R rated, but I read it anyway. And I'm glad I did.

This book tells the raw truth- no lies that adults put into it to make it seem less scary for kids. I highly recommend it for more mature people.
~~DisturbedDisorder~~

I am a little more provocative then you might be..
It's your shock and then your horror on which I feed..
So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean..?
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be..!?

-Divide, Disturbed

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:03 pm
roboninja says...

personally i found it overbearingly pretentious - it tried way to hard to be 'cool' and despite it's continuous efforts still somewhat glamourized drug abuse. as for 'the raw truth', it was a steady mix between boring and monotonus and an egocenrtic glorification of events. a poor book. at best.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? no, I'm thinking what I'm thinking

Random avatar

Reviews: 43
Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:06 pm
DisturbedDisorder says...

Hmm. I guess it wasn't really your kind of book. I really liked it, though. :/
~~DisturbedDisorder~~

I am a little more provocative then you might be..
It's your shock and then your horror on which I feed..
So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean..?
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be..!?

-Divide, Disturbed

Random avatar

Reviews: 118
Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:59 pm
TheEnigma says...

I've never read it, but one of the kids in my English class brought it in for "book show and tell" one day. It looked kind of scary but it also sounded interesting.

Reviews: 2
Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:00 am
jenrique says...

Drugs are not good for you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:36 am
roboninja says...

jenrique wrote:Drugs are not good for you.

well done, im not quite sure how the scientific community has survived without your genious input before :D (jks)
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? no, I'm thinking what I'm thinking

I regret everything.
— Ron Swanson