z

Young Writers Society

Pendergast, anyone?

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun May 23, 2010 3:18 am
View Likes
Loller65 says...

Doug Preston and Lincoln Child have a continuing series of books featuring a one Mr. Aloysius Pendergast, FBI Special Agent. He. Is. Awesome. If you have not read any of the Pendergast novels, go, get one now. You will (almost certainly) love it. He's eccentric, funny, and all around awesome. I finished their most recent work Fever Dream, last night. It was amazing. The hauntingly brutal opening chapters grab the reader's attention, and then some very familiar faces reappear before the novel's meat of the story. Then, at last, Pendergast figures it out and heads off to the completely awesome finale in a Louisiana swamp. If you like mystery, intrigue, and a plot that will almost certainly keep you guessing, read this book. 9/10 points are awarded. The book had a useless and ultimately unsuccessful Macguffin that did literally nothing for the plot.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Thu May 27, 2010 12:00 am
View Likes
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

Hehe, he is a pretty cool character. Like a fusion of James Bond, Indian Jones, and Sherlock Holmes.
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson