z

Young Writers Society

FANG: A Maximum Ride Novel

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:19 pm
LookUpThere says...

Angel says, Fang will be the first to die. Angel's never wrong...

---
Nobody is immortal
---
Hey guys! So, I recently finished FANG: A Maximum Ride Novel and it was a tremendous success in my eyes. It is book six in the series, and the next book is apparently going to ANGEL: A Maximum Ride Novel. :D Can't wait. If it's anything like FANG, then I so want to read it.

---

Okay, the plot:

FANG WILL BE THE FIRST TO DIE...
For years, Max. Has been desperately on the run from evil forces trying to prevent her from her destiny to save the world--but nothing has ever rocked her world like this horrifying prophetic message. Fang is Max's best friend, her soul mate, her partner in leading her flock of winged children. A life without Fang is a life unimaginable.

Max's desperate desire to protect Fang brings the two closer than ever. But their world is turned upside-down yet again when another winged boy, the beautiful Dylan, is introduced to the flock. Raised in a lab, like the flock, he exists for only one reason: He was created to be Max's perfect other half.

Now a battle of science against soul and perfection versus passion unfolds, twists, and turns...and meanwhile, the apocalypse is coming.

AND THE ENDING WILL SHOCK YOU.

---

Rating: 10/10:
Okay, maybe it's just that I like this book a lot. But I really think this was a huge success. Anyone else that's read it, feel free to contradict or agree.

---

Review:
FANG: A Maximum Ride Novel completely draws in its reader, especially those with a backdrop of MR. Have you read MR? You tired of all that Global Warming stuff from Books 4 and 5? Well, FANG gets back to the roots of 'Flock (and Jeb) vs. World'.

Good Points: What makes a book great? Not necessarily the writing itself, or the author. Like it or not, it's the world. If you read a book, and can't really put yourself into its world then most likely it was good, but not absolutely filling. Let's think:

Percy Jackson and the Olympians - Can you create your own demigod, can you wish to live in the world of Percy, Grover and Camp Half-Blood? Heck yeah

Marvel and DC Comics - Definetely. How many times have we wanted to create our own humble little superheroes who meet Peter Parker? Tons.

So, if you finish a book and immediately begin plotting what and who you would be if it were reality, it's really good usually. This was the case with FANG, as with most other books.

Bad Points:
Um... do I have to re-read this? There was just one scene where there was to much back and forth flying. Otherwise...

---

Characters:
Max - Well done. 8/10
Fang - 9/10 (Mainly because of the ending part which reveals Fang's true feeling via blog :) )
Angel - We all love this horrible dictator of a girl. I hated her because of who she was, otherwise, she was well made. 7/10
Iggy - 9/10. The silent one. He, however, always brought out the emotions of the group first. And though, after Gazzy and Jeb, he had nearly the least amount of lines, he was very well crafted. 10/10
Dylan - You've all been waiting for this huh? X/10. He wasn't too important in the story, but very likeable. We have yet to see where Patterson will go with him as right now, he's just a very cool blob.

---
Overall:
Yeah, I've rambled about this books awesomeness, but you have to read it to appreciate it tons. I finished the book in one day I was so obsessed. :D

Fly On,
Hero.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:36 pm
Stori says...

Hey, Hero! I'm rereading Fang now, and Mom's next in line
to read it. I sort of agree with your review.

The thing is, I wish Patterson had saved Ari. He survives (sort of)
the first three books, then dies? What do you think?

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:32 pm
midnightread says...

Hi TheNewHero
I like the other books in the series but as yet I haven't read Max or Fang, but when my mum has finished Fang I am so next in line (if my sis doesn't nick it that is).
I like the review and that has made me want to read the book even more. :elephant:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
A wise man does not need advice and a fool won't take it.

Growing old is mandatory,
Growing up is optional.

Rugby is a thugs game played by gentle men,
Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:32 pm
LookUpThere says...

Nah Stori. Ari's death helps symbolize how Max is going from hunted to heroine. Awesome, Midnight

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:00 pm
PintoStar says...

I haven't got this book yet, but I've read some of it online. I can't wait to get it! It sounds amazing.

Random avatar

Reviews: 43
Thu May 27, 2010 3:58 pm
DisturbedDisorder says...

I'm reading the manga versions of the series, but maybe if the books are really good, I'll give them a try, too ^^
~~DisturbedDisorder~~

I am a little more provocative then you might be..
It's your shock and then your horror on which I feed..
So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean..?
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be..!?

-Divide, Disturbed

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:04 pm
LadyPurple says...

I've read that and all the max books. I don't get it, am I the only one who laughed when DR. H.G hacked off his pinkie and everyone was screaming? Oh well. Anyway the ending made me tear up but not full out cry.
I accually stopped reading Fang for a little to re-read the first book when Angel was the sweet little girl that loved Max so much.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:48 pm
LibbyLovesDrums says...

Prettty pissed I haven't gotten to read these yet!
I hear they're verry good!
“I'm gonna be a superstar musician, kill myself and go out in a flame of glory, just ike Jimi Hendrix"-Kurt Cobain<3

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:10 am
Jas says...

Gah. I love/hated this one. It was like waaaay too romantic and waaaaay too short. What was it? 162 pages? I finished it in like an hour. *rolls eyes* Fang and Max are cute but come on, your runaways with enormous wings on your backs. Romance isn't too important. I love Iggy. He is mine. I love him. <3 :)

~Jas
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:25 pm
spiderman says...

Well, I didn't like the last two books, Final Warning and Max. The first three were great and I believe Patterson's should of let it end at the third book. I started reading Fang It was okay and i may or may not buy it on the nook. The annoying thing about it was Angel. I hear it gets better after the part I read, but I'm not sure I want to buy it. I may just wait till a library gets it and check it out
Despite the lies that you're making
Your love is mine for the taking
My love is just waiting
To clothe you in crimson roses

WHISPERS IN THE DARK LYRICS - SKILLET

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:58 pm
Skorpionne says...

I can't find this book anywhere...

Which is really annoying, as I'm a big Maximum Ride fan, and really want to read it.

Does anyone know if it's out in the UK?
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:41 pm
jDawn says...

Yep. Definitely 10/10. Probably my favorite of the whole series. :smt003

- Jessica
"They can put me in prison but they can't stop my face from breakin' out."

" A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."

-Adam Young, My Hero <3

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:33 am
BookGirl says...

I loved it! But I was sad at the end, I can't wait for Angel! Dylan wasn't very big in this story but he was likeable.
Angel:
The summary so far is found on the Hatchette Books website and the Borders website
In the seventh book in the bestselling series, evil scientists are still trying to convince Max that she needs to save the world, this time by providing the genetic link in speeding up the pace of evolution. Worse, they're trying to convince her that her perfect mate is Dylan, the newest addition to the flock. The problem is that, despite herself, Max is starting to believe it. Sinse Fang left the flock, he has been traveling the country collecting his own gang of evolved humans, but "coincedently" the two separate flocks must unite to defeat a frightening doomsday cult whose motto is Save the Planet: Kill the Humans. And this time, the true heroine might just be little Angel.
That's just for anyone who wanted to know what would be happening :wink:
"I vill now destroy all de Snickuh barhs!" The Angel Experiment.

"You said you were going for a walk!? What kind of walk takes six hours?"
"A long one?" The Mortal Instruments

"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming" MI

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:17 pm
twiggers says...

Have you read the first few (5) books of the series? The first is 'The Angel Experament: A Maximum Ride Novel' They were AWESOME! Angel, frankly, is creeping me out. Iggy is awesome, and Gazzy is well... Gazzy is just Gazzy. Max: Ok, she's got relationship issues... you dont just kiss a guy, go out with someone else, the make out with the guy you kissed in the first place, then fly away. She's got jealousy problems, too A.K.A Red-haired Wonder (book 2: 'Schools Out Forever') Nudge: Who wants to cut thier wings off? Fang: Same problemo as maxy gal... dont kiss a gal, kiss a different girl (Red-haired Wonder) then make out with some one elase... come on! I love max n' fang as a couple... total and akila are up there, too!
Pa-pa-paastaa! Roma-tomay-tahh! Garlic, oo la la! I'm so delicious!
*Courtesy to Annoying Orange*

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:19 pm
twiggers says...

NO NO NO N0 NO! DYLAN CANNOT, I REPEAT CANNOT, REPLACE FANG! I ♥ FANG N' MAX AS A COUPLE! (im sooooooooooooooo sadddd!)
Pa-pa-paastaa! Roma-tomay-tahh! Garlic, oo la la! I'm so delicious!
*Courtesy to Annoying Orange*

"Think of all the beauty still left around you, and smile."
— Anne Frank