z

Young Writers Society

FANG: A Maximum Ride Novel

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:34 am
Calligraphy says...

This book, this book frankly annoyed me. They are getting worse and worse. This is all drama. Fang was suposed to be action. But, it seems like the author didn't know what to do so he just started it with no plot and ending the same way. I don't think he even knows how Max is going to 'save the world'. He sure doesn't act like it. Sorry, but I loved the first book, but it has gone way down hill from there. I mean I thought Dylan was supposed to be the big part in this book, but he is nothing, all they talk about is Fang and Angle. Bla Bla Bla Angle, doesn't he remember she is still six? Why don't they just kick her out of the family if she is causing so much trouble. It would teach her a lesson.

Wow, that was a ramble :D

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:16 pm
Stori says...

I have to agree with you.

...Does anyone else think maybe the flock's gonna go into space?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:35 pm
koinu160 says...

I love this series. James Patterson is a god when it comes to making the Maximum Ride books. This book was much better than the fifth book in the Maximum Ride series "Max" which was equaly good. I literally pulled an all-nighter to finish this book and thankfully it didn't disappoint.

I am really looking forward to the next book the series "Angel" which is coming out on February 14 (yeah that's right Valentine's Day) of 2011. Is it a coincidence that the book is called Angel and is coming out on Valentine's Day. I think not. :)

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:19 pm
Dragonet says...

Please forgive me for saying this, but I think it sucked, as I do the other books.

Just some reasons:
1. The characters are way to powerful. They're all mary-sue and gary-sue. They can fly, they're super strong, they have gills, they eat 3x as much food and overly tall, and yet Max is 95 lbs? And Max can beat Omega even though he was created to fight.
2.People can come back to life (come on, really? Then what's the point of dying?).
3. Angel is only six and so powerful and she's way to controlling and such a demon!... Ok, I should take that back, it adds action to the story.
4. Total is just ...to much of a fantasy creature, I mean he can talk, and he grows wings?
5. Ok, so Max is going to save the world? When? Why? How? I mean lets just get it over with. She already did, like, three times, but apparently, she's not done. I mean there was Itex, the dud that killed Fang, and the one Chinese guy (at least I think he's Chinese, I forget his name).
6. It's so predictable. Every time the flock finally manages to settle down, some crazy thing has to happen. Sometimes it just seems like James is just making another book because he can, not because he has a great plan.
7. And I think Fang and Max are getting a little mushy... I mean they're so cute together, but...
8. I actually stopped after the first book, it was just getting weird. Max was getting head aches, seeing things, messing with the technoligy, had a voice in her head, and the voice gave her a credit card. But after awhile of hearing my friend saying how awesome it was, I decided to continue.
9. It's kinda unrealistic. I mean, it's like whenever they really need something, it pops up in there face.

I know it sounds like I'm just letting out an angry rant that's full of hate, but I'm not. I've actually thought this stuff through. And believe it or not, I actually love Maximum Ride...I just hate the author. I mean occasionally he has some really great plans and plots, but then others it's like, why? I think that the reason people really, truely love the series, is because of the characters, not the plot. At least, that's my thing. Max is amazing, Fang is dark and mysterious, Iggy is blind and funny, Gasman is...gasman, and Angel is quite a character; and they all can fly, I mean, who doesn't love flying kids?

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Maximum Ride (even though I know it sounds like it from the rant I just did), I'm just really disappointing at where the author took it.

Ps. My favorite book of all time is #2 School's out forever. That one just really impressed me all the way through.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:50 pm
Eavn says...

I LOVE this series including his newest installment Fang. I love how we saw dark and twisted side of Angel and the rest of the flock for that matter. I was actuallt kind of hoping Fang would die it would be the best heart renching emotions pulled out of us (the readers) and i believe would have made us feel more for the rest of the characters. So i was still a little happy when we found out that Fang left the flock to start one of his own. i cant wait to see how kick butt his new flock is going to be and cant help but wonder what else mr. Pattersonm has in store for Max and Fng.

P.S. Has anyone heard any news of the next installment of the book. Title? When it debuts?

Reviews: 3
Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:05 am
BracketW1 says...

I wasn't so sure about any of this book. I was recommended this book from a friend, and I decided to try it since I did read the previous books, but it was a while ago, so I didn't quite remember the plot underlying plot lines. I think this only contributed to my overall dislike of the book. I just couldn't get into it and ended up putting it down after the first few chapters.
Oh to answer your question, the next book is 'Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel", which comes out in Feb next year.

Amy.

Reviews: 4
Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:14 pm
joickjonas2118 says...

Hello, all. :) I'm reading your comments, and with some of you, I want to hunt you down...and air smack on the head. PEOPLE!! Um, hello?! Angel was SUPPOSED to be acting older than six! (And she turned seven in this book. So NAH.) Apperently you didn't pay attention at ALL. T-T
~Lauren

I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
— John Cage