z

Young Writers Society

John Steinbeck's "Of Mice & Men"

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:32 pm
midnightread says...

I'm meant to be reading it on English for corse work or something and miss said she pocked the book cause it was simple and my class is thick. She didn't say the last part, but hey, I know she was thinking it.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
A wise man does not need advice and a fool won't take it.

Growing old is mandatory,
Growing up is optional.

Rugby is a thugs game played by gentle men,
Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:24 pm
Hibiscus says...

I don't know... if I liked this book. When I had to read it for my English class... we read it together, but "reading" it together meant listening to a guy on a tape read it for us. Which was absolutely terrible, because he read...it...like.........this...
Yeah. I thought it was kind of short. I guess from everybody saying how good it was, or how sad, or how much they liked it I was expecting more. To me it was just kind of, bleh.
Some aspects to it were good, but it's not one of my favorites. I wouldn't go pick it up and read it again.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Got Support~?
viewgroup.php?f=336

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:18 am
melcally says...

I'm glad to see that I wasn' t the only one who dislike this book. Very overrated. I read in my AP literature class; and I was VERY disapointed. I understood it; but just wasn't what I thought it would be. Then we watched the movie...AKA time for Mel to sleep.
"BEAUTIFUL ONLY IN MY IMPERFECTIONS" Jon McLaughlin

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:14 pm
jcipriano1 says...

I read this book in one weekend (not too hard to do). It is now one of my top favorite literary works. The characters that steinbeck create are genius! It also expresses so much emotion. No wonder he won the Nobel prize.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstien

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:10 pm
lele253isme says...

II know right. I love Lenny and George. But it was sad when he had to shoot Lenny. I love the way Lenny used to dream of the farm they would have with the rabbits. Sad Sad Sad book. I actually saw the old movie version before I read the book. I read the book in one day. So, I must've grasped the subject because I still remember it. I want to read John's other books.

Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
— Mark Twain