z

Young Writers Society

The Edge Chronicles

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:22 pm
View Likes
midnightread says...

The Edge Chronicles is a series of books written by Paul Strewart and Chris Riddel
I don't know if anyone else loves these books as much as me but I really don't care, I think they are some of the best books ever written.
The series is split into three parts, The Quint Trilogy, The Twig Trilogy and The Rook Trilogy. The main characters of the 9 books are all related some how, Quint is Twigs father and Twig is Rook's great grandfather I think.
The books are all about how the main characters grow up. The books are all linked some how and the illustrations that go with each book are amazing and extremely detailed.
I don't want to say much more only that, if you haven't already read these brilliant books read them and even if you have read them, read them again. :elephant:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
A wise man does not need advice and a fool won't take it.

Growing old is mandatory,
Growing up is optional.

Rugby is a thugs game played by gentle men,
Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:55 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

Yes, yes, YES! I love these books! I practically grew up with them and I was so very sad when the series ended, although the finale was great. I just learned that Riddell and Stewart have a new series out, called Wyrmeweald...I need to check them out!
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

sweet mother of asparagus
— GengarIsBestBoy