z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:54 pm
CaptianRandom says...

i have read all the books, i loved the first one, it was the best book i had read in a VERY long time, The second one was not the best, it sort of rambled on at the start, but i loved the arena idea (half way through it started to get good, i was disappointed with three, although there couldn't have been a hunger games in the book i found it disappointing. it takes me ages to read a book and i wanted to finish it before my friend because he reads fast, i found i was forcing myself to read it, i lost interest sometimes and even didn't get many things. Altogether i loved the series and can't wait for the movie. if they ruin the movie i will freak out.

-CaptainRandom

-Many crystals with many emotions
"Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded. Tell them to put on some sunglasses"

"I don't want my whole life to be real, so i chose for it not to be"

"You have to not care about the goal, you hgave to love the process"
- All from Lady GaGa

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:12 pm
Shadowhunter14 says...

I really liked the hunger games too! it had the right amount of romance and poltitcs, and I liked the world that Suzanne Collins created. She made it quite believeable. it was almost as if she wanted to make a satire of politics and reality TV today. Overall it's a great series.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:56 am
melcally says...

I went in to the hunger games not really knowing what any of them were about but when I started I was hooked. I even had a few dreams that I was in the hunger games myself. At times her writing can be a bit confusing but other than that I love it! I'm currently reading the last one Mockingjay!

Team Peeta!
"BEAUTIFUL ONLY IN MY IMPERFECTIONS" Jon McLaughlin

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:06 pm
TorahikoOoshima says...

After reading Battle Royale (another novel with somewhat of a similar premise) I wanted to read Hunger Games, because everyone at my school said it was phenomenal and I wanted to compare the two books. However, I looked at the plot synopsis and to me it sounded.. sort of unsuitable to my tastes. The romance part really turns me off, but I want to shed my preconceptions and pick this up. It sounds like a good book.
Hajimari no yokan ni, soro soro to orotoki no, doki doki suru kimochi, wasurenai yo!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:49 pm
Dragonette says...

Really great books. Haven't read the last on yet. The second one reminds me of the end times and the tribulation...
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen