z

Young Writers Society

The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:11 pm
tori1234 says...

The Vampire Diaries came out in 1991, that's 14 years before Twilight did, so I don't want to hear anybody saying that she ripped off Stephenie Meyer. Unlike Twilight, this author can actually write! The characters are fantastic, and though there are a couple of cliche parts that sound like poorly written fan fiction, overall these books are pretty stinkin good! The book series has recently been turned into a television series. The TV show is okay, but they sexed it up a WHOLE lot.

Anyone elses opinion?
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:37 am
airbear320 says...

I liked the vampire diaries as well. The only thing I didn't like was Elena. It really bothered me how Elena gets everything she wants. That part really bothered me. I mean she's beautiful, popular, your typical mean-girl character and then she gets everything. She just seemed really bratty, whiny, and shallow. I don't know. I didn't really relate to any of the characters at all. But the books were still an entertaining read. The only character I really loved was Damon. What can I say? I love the tall, dark, handsome bad guy. :)
"Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:06 am
pudin.junidf says...

I agree, with Airbear. Elena was...unbearable. It was all about her, she was the queen of the school, every guy liked her. I really hated that part. Now for the brothers, I love them, Damon especially-just some obssesion for bad vampire guys.
Stfan character is intersting, especailly because he is the inocent vampire guy who believes that can change even when it was almost impossible.
The series, well, they have quite some thngs different from the book, starting with the character's appereances.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

75 Reviews

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:40 am
tori1234 says...

I absolutely LOVE Damon! All my friends think it's so weird that I like him because I'm that classic all-American good little church girl. But what can I say? No one can resist the bad boys. :D

The only character I really loved was Damon. What can I say? I love the tall, dark, handsome bad guy.

^^^ you read my mind!
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:28 pm
Naydy says...

My friends told about that and I Love it especially I love Stefan and Damon.
Tear down! the walls that will surround
Cry out! above the burning sound
Show me! how bleeding hearts still pound
If we stand together,we will be unbroken!

75 Reviews

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:53 pm
tori1234 says...

Do any of y'all watch the Vampire Diaries TV series? IMO, it's 10x better than the books.
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:30 pm
Flower~Child says...

I just read the first book, and I loved it! Damon is my favorite character by far! The only thing I noticed that I didn't like was her repition of the same facial features. She has a major obsession with green eyes for some reason. If you read nightworld she has almost every character with green eyes. Other than that I really loved it and can't wait to get the next book!
My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:38 pm
greenwitch94 says...

the vampire diaries books were ok.
they kinda bored me though.
only the action parts were interesting.
i agree with you, damon is hot stuff!!!

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:15 pm
TPak says...

I actually read vampire diaries as a joke but I got pulled in! I thought it came out after Twilight but it came out before. My favorite by L.J. Smith is Dark Visions. I read that book and the Night World books before Vampire Diaries and I actually think that Vampire Diaries is the worst series by L.J. Smith. But it's still a pretty awesome book series, don't get me wrong. My favorite character is also Damon. Stefan is way too good and so is Elena. Elena annoys the heck out of me. But it's still a pretty good book series.
Have a great day

I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.
— Pablo Neruda