z

Young Writers Society

Any good books I can try?

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:39 pm
armstronge says...

Lots of good books that people have already said

Harry Potter, it's wonderful! The plot, suspense, everything is great about it!
Percy Jackson series. Love the humor in it!
Everlost. The second book is Everwild, but I'm not too sure if the third one is out. But it's great.
On the Run. It's a series, don't think a lot of you have read it. By Gordon Korman, kind of a simple easy book but the plot is really good.
Eragon if you're interested in dragons
Inkheart, interesting plot, it's a lot different from other books that you might have read.

And I agree, Twilight is weird. I don't see how anyone can go all crazy about a werewolf, a vampire, and Bella. No offense to any Twilight lovers.
“To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world”

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:27 am
Stori says...

If you like stories about animals, I can name a few.

Redwall series by Brian Jacques

Watership Down by Richard Adams

Warriors by Erin Hunter. (Actually it's a pen name; the books are written by 3 people.)

The Mistmantle Chronicles by M.I. McAllister.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:59 pm
ShadowKnight155 says...

Best books ever(and when I read it, as well as description):

Speak:Laurie Halse Anderson-This year-A girl in ninth grade, a little "sexual" if that bothers you; best book ever
Eleanors Story:Eleanor Ramrath Garner-6th grade-A girl growing up in Hitlers Germany;second favorite book
The Book Thief:Markus Zusak-This year-
The Resistance-see below(sequal, this is the second book)
The Declaration:Gemma Malley-7th grade- A book about a longevity pill that makes people live forever
Castaway:Iain Lawrence-6th grade- I don't remember to much accept that it was good, takes place in the industrial revolution of Britain, I think
The Lost Conspiracy:Francis Hardinge-Last year-About a girl named Hathin who uncovers a conspiracy about the "Lost,"
a group of people who can leave their bodies.
Ellin Hopkins books look good, too, somebody else mentioned them, however I haven't read any.
1st to Die:James Patterson-This year-Don't tell your parents you are reading it...Full of detailed rapes, sex and love, murder, and violence. But, great book. About a detective and her buds.

The Dark is Rising:Susan Cooper-this year-Utterly Terrible
By nature, all language is flawed.

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding," - Albert Einstein

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:23 am
DaSpetsnaz says...

I sugest the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It is a great book that has fighting and romance. It's a great combination and I think that you should try it. Unless you already have, and then I'll feel stupid. But I didn't really like the last two books, so read them at your own risk. That's all I have to say about that.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:33 pm
AlyKat says...

Any book by Roland Smith!!! Or the Bloody Jack series by L.A Meyer (it sounds weird but its amazing)!!
Oompa Loompa something something something :)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:14 pm
thestorygirl says...

Yeah, I'm like you too. When I was in 1st grade I had read every Harry Potter book that was out at the time. Now I can read adult books ( when I have the attention span for them). I can not find any new and good books, but one amazing series I have read is The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, or the Infernal Devices which is also by her. Good Luck!!

-thestorygirl
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:17 pm
HostofHorus says...

I echo the Riordan books. He is a great author and I'm sure you will love any of his books! Another one I suggest is The Alex Rider Series, by Anthony Horowitz. They have always been a favorite of mine, and were what got me into reading. Finally, I suggest The Ranger's Apprentice series, these books are truly great, written by John Flannagan.
HostofHorus Author, Poet, Dreamer, and Expressionist.
http://JRSStories.com
Stories Poems © As of January 1st 2014

Need a review? Feel free to ask me! :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:55 pm
Cthulhu says...

I don't know if you still want more, but I've got some no one else recommended.

A Princess of Mars ~ Edgar Rice Burroughs

Robert E Howard's Conan the Barbarian series

H.P. Lovecraft's mythos tales (Be warned these are some of the creepiest stories ever written)

Red Harvest ~ Dashiell Hammett

Bernard Cornwell's 'Sharpe's series'

Who knew paper and ink could be so vicious.
— Kathryn Stockett, The Help