z

Young Writers Society

Twilight

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu May 06, 2010 11:00 pm
View Likes
Jackie_Perez09 says...

May I just say right here and now: the Twilight series was O.K. Not great, not wonderful, but not a stinking pile of poo either. Really, it didn't desreve the attention it got {and is still getting}. There are only 4 characters that I like because they have some poetinal: Alice, Jasper, Seth, and Emmett.Why you ask?

Alice and Jasper are far more entertaining then a physotic, silly human girl with no sense of surrival and her emo, mentally abusive beau. Jasper's struggle with human blood could have been more highlighted {cue any detailed gore massacares? DEF more detailed fights or, sracth that, it just needed more fights in general. I can hear the blood thirsty people cheering already}. Emmett is a big bro char and my heart has always gone out to those. And Kellan Lutz is cute :roll: Seth is a sweetie; she could have tortured him though to lose his faith in vampires or kill his sister or just off half of the wolf pack.

The moive had me laughing my a$$ off. Literally. the first one I was laughing so hard my two friends got mad at me and stopped the DVD, refusing to play it till I stopped laughing. So I offered to save their sanity by playing The Green Mile. Haven't seen the second movie either.

Twilight in general had TON of cliches: boring clumsy girl who's popular for no apperent reason {being a new girl doesn't count. I finished my senoir year of high school at a different high school and no one came flocking to me like they did her.}, sparky {eck really?} vampire who is attracted to said boring girl who just so happens to block her thoughts from him, oh and let's not forget the freaky demon baby thingy takes all the ups and downs out of new motherhood.

I am writing a Twilight fanfic {so I don't want anyone calling me a hypocritc} on here called Beauitful Disaster but I assure you, there are NO cliches and I plan on killing half of the Cullen clan {Nessie included, yes I'm going there} and either all or most of the La Push wolf pack towards the end. Unless you consider a main character who's trained as an assassin struggling to maintain her sanity after Jasper inadvertnely rips off her lover's head off cliche? Hope not. I'm doing my best to make my fanfic a better read then all that emo, cliche Twilight stuff :P

Btw love the Noble Dead Saga, by Barb and J.C. Hendee. Tis the bomb
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. -Confucius

"Come on and Rock me Amadeus!"~ Falco's song :3

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:02 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

Btw love the Noble Dead Saga, by Barb and J.C. Hendee. Tis the bomb

SPWEE! A follower! *high fives*
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:41 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

Hehe, you're going to kill off the sparklies too? I did that a long time ago. But it was more of a military story, of all things.

*Shrugs* I made it work. Napalm packed grenades are the sparklies worst enemy. :)
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

315 Reviews

Reviews: 315
Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:49 am
Navita says...

For all those who don't like Twilight...try reading Count Dracula - the Count Dracula in all its glory.

I, well, I tried reading it, I honestly did.

(but it was devilishly hard, pardon the pun :D).

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:24 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

Don't feel ashamed. :) I read the first few sentences, and stopped. The old style of writing just didn't appeal to me. :)
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

315 Reviews

Reviews: 315
Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:10 am
Navita says...

Hey! I meant that I read it till over halfway - as I got more and more into the story, it became easier (indeed, it was just so FUNNY to read about the mighty and elusive Dracula clawing around the walls of the castle at midnight) but when I gave it a break for a bit...yeah, that's when it got difficult to continue.

Anyway, like I said, people should try giving both a read before they rubbish Twilight. It's quite the eye-opener. :lol:

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:00 pm
Evi says...

Feel free to continue your discussion in this thread. ;)

*locked*
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451