z

Young Writers Society

What is the Best Book you have read...

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Wed May 08, 2013 8:22 pm
View Likes
ladcat13 says...

No duh! the best book in the whole wide world is "Ranger's Apprentice #9: Halt's Peril"! I love that book because it includes the most humor and inside jokes. I love all the characters and this book says the most about the characters' characters. It almost made me cry at the sad part and made me laugh out loud at all the hysterical inside jokes! Of course, you have to have read the other eight books before reading this one. The tenth book has more inside jokes in it, but the plot isn't as dramatic as the ninth one. I could re-read it again and again!

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

Reviews: 1
Mon May 27, 2013 6:19 pm
View Likes
RayRayxxx says...

It's between two;
The book thief and between shades of grey (that latter not to be confused with fifty shades of grey).
Both are based during the second world war which is a time period that really interests me. The book thief is beautifully written and original as it's written from the perspective of death which I loved.
I liked between shades of grey as I found it more harrowing and I hadn't heard about how the Lithuanians ( I think that's how you spell it) were effected by the war.
I recommend both, especially The book thief as it's being made into a movie, I hope they makes between shades of grey into a movie as well :)

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:37 am
HostofHorus says...

I think for most people it is always changing but there are two authors I would throw out there. Ray Bradbury for his never ceasing awesomeness and John Irving for crafting some of the most brilliant stories I have ever read. In fact, my favorite book, at the moment, is one from John Irving entitled "The Cider House Rules." It is truly beautiful and the messages and symbolism that it contains are among the best.
HostofHorus Author, Poet, Dreamer, and Expressionist.
http://JRSStories.com
Stories Poems © As of January 1st 2014

Need a review? Feel free to ask me! :)

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:40 pm
Dreamy says...

I love all the books of Sidney Sheldon!
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:24 am
Spotswood says...

The Catcher in the Rye. It was amusing, well written, showed amazing insight on the main character and his psychological stability. Plus, I identify with Holden.
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:23 am
Empress says...

I'm going to be annoying and put 10!!!:

The War of the Worlds by HG Wells
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
1984 by George Orwell
The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
Antimatter by Frank Close
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
The Life of Pi by Yann Martel

All sensational novels, anyone who hasn't read any of them I recommend you do!

Reviews: 1
Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:19 pm
LarryD says...

Top 3!

The Razor's Edge - Somerset Maugham

A Moveable Feast - Ernest Hemingway

The Great Gatsby - Fitzgerald

3 books with deep and powerful messages!I just love these.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:49 am
View Likes
StealTheWorld says...

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green

Winter's End - Jean-Claude Mourlevat

(The translated version of Winter's End has a weird sounding dialogue, but the plot still stands.)
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Formerly: xDarkHeart27x

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:41 am
View Likes
Laure says...

xDarkHeart27x wrote:The Fault in Our Stars - John Green

Winter's End - Jean-Claude Mourlevat

(The translated version of Winter's End has a weird sounding dialogue, but the plot still stands.)

A TFIOS FAN!? Awesome! Yes, without doubt, The Fault in Our Stars is one of the most well-written young adult book in this century. There really isn't none like it, John Green is unique and that's that.

I also loved The Shadows of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, is an incredibly well-written book and just the book itself depicts an amazing reading journey.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:10 am
Stori says...

Martin the Warrior for me. It was written for young'uns, but it deals honestly with themes of war, love and loss. It's what made me want to be a reader and writer. Plus it comes with Brian Jacques' over-the-top characters and humour. :)

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:13 am
comrie says...

!!!!!!!!

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. Actually, I love all of his books.

If you haven't read any of his books yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:04 pm
View Likes
Aadygirl says...

The Fault In Our Stars - John Green.

Undoubtedly my favorite book currently. I am SO OBSESSED WITH IT RIGHT NOW. :D :D :D
"Two Sides of a Twin - A Detective Ivy Case"(novel) coming to YWS this October(hopefully)!

Stay tuned to the Aadygirl channel for more updates!

See ya later alligators! And Happy 2014 by the way. :)

-Aadygirl :)

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:33 pm
View Likes
Laure says...

Aadygirl wrote:The Fault In Our Stars - John Green.

Undoubtedly my favorite book currently. I am SO OBSESSED WITH IT RIGHT NOW. :D :D :D

Yes! Hazel + Gus = OTP

Random avatar

Reviews: 94
Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:26 pm
defiantAuthoress says...

The best book I've ever read...It's so hard to decide! I would probably say "Daughter of the Forest", the first in the Sevenwaters Trilogy by Juliet Mariller. The detail and description is meticulous and rich, all the while following a wonderful female character through her trials and tribulations of reversing a spell cast on her seven older brothers (yes, it's based on the seven swans fairy tale). It's a wonderful Celtic fantasy novel, and I would suggest it to everyone. It truly sweeps you away as you read it, into an entirely different world.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:14 pm
View Likes
Dragon99 says...

Last Apprentice series (I KNOW THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE BESIDES ME WHO LIKES THIS SERIES) or Inheritance series.
The Pen Is Mightier Then Dragon Fire

Memories, left untranslated, can be disowned; memories untranslatable can become someone else’s story.
— YiYun Li