z

Young Writers Society

Frankenstein

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:29 pm
Rascalover says...

Im not to thrilled about reading this book for school..
Anyone have a good review for it give me some heads up on the goods parts
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:36 am
Jiggity says...

The good parts?

It's astonishingly well written and in general, is a fantastic book. Considering when it was written,the power of the story is really amazing.

Don't head into it negatively.

Cheers
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:46 am
Kelvin11 says...

I read it my senior year in high school and watched the video version. I thought it was a good story myself. We rad the classic version or the easy to read text to better understand the text. Overall it was a good story.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:38 pm
Emerson says...

I read this along with 1984 and Brave New World for my Brit Lit class over the summer. I thought it was amazing, and it was my favorite book out of the three. Like Jig said, it's written incredebly well. If you're into that Gothic style which it is filled with, you will love it. Don't go into it hating it because it is incredebly beautiful. The monster was my favorite, of course, and I wanted to kill Victor through the whole entire thing. Pay attention to the theme of humanity in it. That is what really makes it a wonderful novel.

Have fun reading. :)
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:04 pm
View Likes
Rascalover says...

ohhhhhh... well im looking forward to the content of the book; its just the way its written its hard for me to follow
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:28 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

I had to read that book for my AP English class. It's the reason I reverted to the regular class. I simply could not get into it. :(
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:19 am
View Likes
Laurence Branson says...

Yes, I also read this book for school. Didn't like it. Admittedly, it was very well written.
I just don't think young students should be forced into reading classical novels, which are way past their time.
Students should be reading and intepreting modern literature because that it is what they will be exposed to.
The worse thing I can be is the same as everybody else.
A.S.

Memories, left untranslated, can be disowned; memories untranslatable can become someone else’s story.
— YiYun Li